What happended to 71?

Discussion in '1970 Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda' started by ferrariman182, Aug 10, 2002.

1. How come you never hear about 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cudas? There were only 14 made and so wouldn't you think that people should pay more attention to these than the other ones? I am not saying its a bad car or anything but does anyone have any photos of a 1971 Hemi Cuda? The true muscle car.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: What happended to 71?

I believe there were more than 14 made. But if you are talking converables, yes, 14 were made. Either way 70, 71, it would be a drean to own a real Hemi 'Cuda..............Day Dreaming again. One of the best cars made was over 30 years ago.

3. Re: What happended to 71?

well in my mind the 70' is better than the 71'.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: What happended to 71?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ferrariman182</i>
    <b>How come you never hear about 1971 Plymouth Hemi Cudas? There were only 14 made and so wouldn't you think that people should pay more attention to these than the other ones? I am not saying its a bad car or anything but does anyone have any photos of a 1971 Hemi Cuda? The true muscle car.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I like the 1970 model looks better, but here's some pictures of the 1971 Hemi Cuda:<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: What happended to 71?

There were 7 1971 convertables made. Didn't this car actually come out in '71 (the Hemi version), or were a few made on the latter part of the '70 production year?

6. Re: What happended to 71?

I have no real preference between 70 or 71 Cuda's, both are absolutely beautiful muscle cars.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: What happended to 71?

There were more than 14 Hemi Cudas made, you've probably heard about a scpecific option package... Just to help with some of the question asked here, "Didn't the Hemi onnly come out it 71?" Nope, 1971 was the last year for the Hemi. They began appearing in Barracuda's in 1968 as the SS package, Super Stock. This was a jet with a sterring wheel. The first 68 SS Cuda ran 10's at over 140 MPH. This is accurate, check it out if you want... Just imagine what they could run if tuned up even more... Anyway, Hemi Cuda's were available throughout all of 1970.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: What happended to 71?

i think the front end of the '71 cuda looks better but i take a 70 in a heartbeat

9. Re: What happended to 71?

I agree that the 71 looks better than 70, but I'd take either one in a heart beat.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: What happended to 71?

for me i would take a cuda with a 440 with a 6-pak or a 426 ci hemi because they are so rare and unique.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: What happended to 71?

what happened to the 71..........Duh, 1975 rolled AROUND and found the 71 to be obsolete