What happened to the original rims???

Discussion in '1994 McLaren F1' started by carknowledge, Dec 5, 2003.

1. Personally, i liked the original rims that had the 5 spokes or what not. Why did they put these things on them?? either way, this is still the BEST car ever created.

2. Re: What happened to the original rims???

It just says they put on forged multi-spoke wheels (exclusive to this car).

3. Re: What happened to the original rims???

if it was me i wouldnt care which style the rims are cuz if i had the money to buy one id probably get HRE wheels, they'd be like $9,000 though, but i dont really care for any of the stock ones

4. Re: What happened to the original rims???

this car has undergone a partial lm spec change, a few engine mods, high downforce kit and a few additional aerodynamic additions and the 97 gtr wheels.

5. Re: What happened to the original rims???

OHHHHHHHHHH, ok, thanks guys.

6. Re: What happened to the original rims???

i think that the owner (probably our friend the sultan of brunei) just wanted something completely original,something that no other mclaren roadcar had. i would have taken the wheels from the LM cos they look pretty neat.a

7. Re: What happened to the original rims???

no matter, i like these better! hehe

8. Re: What happened to the original rims???

Nice wheels, ugly color.

9. Re: What happened to the original rims???

he hasn't owned this car.

10. HRE wheels are so-so. But, anyone with $9000 or whatever can have a set just like them. Personally, I don't like them because of their styling, and because they are three peice bolt together wheels. For my money, I prefer good strong forgerd wheels. I also like the styling of Fiske wheels, which are forged, so there you have it. For my McLaren, I'm getting some Fiske wheels.