What have they done to Lincoln???

Discussion in '2001 Lincoln Mk 9 Coupe' started by 550Koenig, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I'm a huge Lincoln fan and i love their cars especially the Lincoln Navigator. I personally believe it is one of the best SUV's out there. But this? What is this??? This looks like the bat mobile from the front. What are they doing? This is supposed to be a luxury and beautiful looking car not something coming out of Gotham City that is being sold by the Joker.

2. Re: What have they done to Lincoln???

luxury has traditionally been defined by comfortability and amenities. I have no idea what the interior looks like, but since Lincoln is Ford's luxury marque, I'm guessing it will be rather plush. Given that, as long as the ride is acceptable, this car qualifies as a luxury automobile, regardless of the exterior appearance. If you don't like the styling, don't buy one. I like it, and would buy one if they make it.

3. Re: What have they done to Lincoln???

HEY! IT DOES LOOK LIKE THE BATMOBILE!

4. Re: What have they done to Lincoln???

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550Koenig</i>
    <b>I'm a huge Lincoln fan and i love their cars especially the Lincoln Navigator. I personally believe it is one of the best SUV's out there. But this? What is this??? This looks like the bat mobile from the front. What are they doing? This is supposed to be a luxury and beautiful looking car not something coming out of Gotham City that is being sold by the Joker.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Im sorry but how old are you? This is Vintage Lincon styling comparable to that of a Jaguar (in regaurds to vintage desgin and heritage).

American styling in the last decade has been rather... Well could have been better.

Have you ever asked yourself why some cars like Jaguars and Porsches and Bentlyes are timeless in desgin? Becuase they stick to there roots and evolve the design from that. America is just starting to realise this after so many years.

If they go back to there roots in desgin, there cars will be the most world desired cars, like they used to be way back in the day. <!-- Signature -->

5. Re: What have they done to Lincoln???

What they've done is started to fix lincoln.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: What have they done to Lincoln???

If u drive this out on the country on a very uncivilised place with a little group of farmers, they will belive u are an alian =). it looks pretty cool in a way tho

7. Re: What have they done to Lincoln???

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TheFunnyMan</i>
    <b>HEY! IT DOES LOOK LIKE THE BATMOBILE!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    YOU WANT BATMOBILE!!! HERES YOUR BATMOBILE!!! Well, I think it looks
    like Batman's car... <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: What have they done to Lincoln???

the cartoon picture is pretty strange, true. but if u see the car in person it is much more elsegant. it is going back to the true roots of lincoln, borrowing many design cues from the early 60s, just like the continental concept. not to start talking about bmw here, but when i first saw the new 7 series i thought it was hideous, but after visiting a dealership to see one in person i really learned to appreciate the design. i love lincoln as much as anyone, i own a '95 continental and helped my father pick out a navigator. fabulous cars and whis is a promising design.

9. Re: What have they done to Lincoln???

The Space Shuttle Challenger looked good and was fast too and look what happened to that in 1987. To hell with this car! There is only one Batmobile so Lincoln should go and **** Henry Ford's Corpse up the ASSHOLE! <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: What have they done to Lincoln???

YES. Now that truly looks like the batmobile. What car is that?

11. Re: What have they done to Lincoln???

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>YES. Now that truly looks like the batmobile. What car is that?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->It's a Sbarro GT1. (its on this site)<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: What have they done to Lincoln???

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550Koenig</i>
    <b>I'm a huge Lincoln fan and i love their cars especially the Lincoln Navigator. I personally believe it is one of the best SUV's out there. But this? What is this??? This looks like the bat mobile from the front. What are they doing? This is supposed to be a luxury and beautiful looking car not something coming out of Gotham City that is being sold by the Joker.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    you're so right, i've grown fond of lincoln full-sized sedans and the navigator but wat is this, the nose looks like the bat mobile crashed into a cadillac deville, lincoln should stick to their overgrown pimp daddy cars

13. Re: What have they done to Lincoln???

They have screwed it thatŽs they have done to it. :-(

14. Re: What have they done to Lincoln???

Exactly. Heritage is the answer to a successful car company.

15. Now they just need to get rid of the navigators and all that crap.