What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by deuginthesky, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

Do you know EU emmission laws ???

because you can import the Blitz from the UK...

2. #2 rx7 series IV turbo II, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

seven second four wheel drive HKS GTR seen at autosalon in Sydney, which runs a 7.67 quarter mile- the quickest ever by a 4WD car.
    http://www.hot4s.com/news/car-events.htm

3. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

in the quarter mile the fastest skyline and all wheel drive for that matter is the HKS R33 skyline, a very low and i mean very low seven second 1/4, correct me if im wrong but i think it is 7.183<!-- Signature -->

4. I believe the fastest one is the one made by trust, that Mafia boy was talking about, where can i find out more about that car?

5. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

I found a Veilside Skyline R34 i believe with around 1300 horsepower and tops out at around 348km/hr. Pretty sweet!!!!

6. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

1300 hp is incredible...
    i would take one over any ferrari

7. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

The fastest one I officially know of is Top Secret's skyline. It's been featured in Max Power magazine and "Beasts from the East" video. It has 1200bhp. The company director (Mr. Nagata) took it for a blast through a tunnel early in the morning in Japan. It reached 328kmph in 34 seconds before he lifted off, it could have kept going.

8. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

Veilside is the way to go man.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

Your Right Guys
    The car is cool <!-- Signature -->

10. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

Fastest Skyline is not from Veilside they only make Aero dress up kits. Fastest Skyline is made R32 GTR with 1350PS, but it has no oil and and no cooling so can only run for short time. It built by company called Nippon Dynamics, it uses Nitro injection and revs to 15000rpm. It does 0-200kmh in 14secs and will run up to almost 370km/h
    It doesnt look like normal Skyrine as it has many aero fins to hold it on road.
    I will scan picture for you guys. I saw it run at Skyline day in Suzuka in 2000.
    By the way Top Secret in Japan only make kit up to 850PS, but 1000PS for Supra.

Masaaki

11. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

r34 engines are known to be made to rev to 10,000rpm with moderate upgrade internals.
    I did some looking around, this R348 cuts out at 10,500rpm<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

Erm..no Masaki, Top Secret have their flagship skyline running at 1200bhp and their Nissan Silvia/200sx at 800bhp.

13. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

does anyone have any pics of these incredible skylines?

14. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

Um...Veilside make more than just body kits....

I know there is a street legal endless car with over 1200 ps, 9.14 1/4 mile...

15. #15 deuginthesky, Aug 10, 2002

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gryphonlord2001</i>
    <b>does anyone have any pics of these incredible skylines?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'll be nice. LOL

www.exvitermini.com

16. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

Veilside Skyline R34: 1200hp, 0-60 2,8sec, 245mph. 1/4mile: 9.3 secs.
    Veilside Supra: 1340hp, 0-60 3secs, 250mph, 1/4mile: 8.8secs.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from davidgil</i>
    <b>I found a Veilside Skyline R34 i believe with around 1300 horsepower and tops out at around 348km/hr. Pretty sweet!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->1345 bhp... theres a trust/greddy skyline with nearly 1400 bhp to (1395)<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from masaaki</i>
    <b>Fastest Skyline is not from Veilside they only make Aero dress up kits. Fastest Skyline is made R32 GTR with 1350PS, but it has no oil and and no cooling so can only run for short time. It built by company called Nippon Dynamics, it uses Nitro injection and revs to 15000rpm. It does 0-200kmh in 14secs and will run up to almost 370km/h
    It doesnt look like normal Skyrine as it has many aero fins to hold it on road.
    I will scan picture for you guys. I saw it run at Skyline day in Suzuka in 2000.
    By the way Top Secret in Japan only make kit up to 850PS, but 1000PS for Supra.

Masaaki</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->the veilside skyline does 0-300kph in 13,72 sec!<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

it seems people really will believe anything they read....skylines with 1400hp??....has anybody actually seen a dyno test of a car up to 1400hp, i doubt it, which means as far as you're concerned, it HASNT got 1400hp

there is no chance in hell of a skyline revving to 15000rpm, uve got 2b kidding, 10 or 11 grand at the VERY most

running on normal gasoline, and reliable enough to last a good couple of hours of 'swift' driving, u should be looking at a realistic maximum of about 1000-1100hp, anything more than that is either gonna blow up, eat the gearbox, snap the driveshafts or something like that, would anybody seriously consider damaging there $150k car for a couple of tenths in the 1/4 ???

20. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

such a thread from you doesn't suprises me...

Other guys:

The Veilside Skyline is a R32 , they call it "R1 street drag".

The fastest 1/4 mile R33 is the Waste Sports.
    The highest top speed is reached by JUN's R33 , with 383.8kmh.
    The fastest 0-300kmh is the Waste Sport , with 14.72s
    The fastest 0-60mph R33 is the Infini Racing , with 2.53s

21. #21 deuginthesky, Aug 10, 2002
  22. #22 27GTR, Aug 10, 2002

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EvilNinjaMoby</i>
    <b>Well that proved nothing on which country has stricter emissions laws.

Yes you can Import the skyline to the UK, for 90,000$ you can also
    import it to the US.. and make it pass emissions... now show me where it says the cars you speak of that run 9 second 1/4 pass emissions in the US.. or EU for that matter. B/C from what I can tell those runs where made in Japan.

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b> http://www.epa.gov/oar/caa/contents.html#iia

I'm graduate in law and my studies aren't finished yet....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --></b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I've answered this before....but you just move to another forum and try to taunt people with it....Japan's emissions requirements are almost half that allowed by CARB (the stictest requirements in the U.S). I know this as I am importing MY GTR into the U.S. in November. It passes Japanese requirements (and subsequently U.S. standards and is over 500HP). The difference between my 500 and 800 is a cam change and bigger injectors. The crux of the matter is an increase of 300HP will not double the emissions, as power output is proportional to fuel and air input....which just happens to be directly proportional to emissions. Not to mention, a standard running cycle for an emissions test will not get into high boost, in a way sidestepping the issue if it WERE a problem. Motorex has to TEST the vehicle, and configure it to run efficiently on 91 octane...emissions aren't really a problem. Now bringing a U.S. V8 to Japan...THAT's an emissions problem. Two additional catalytic converters, new O2 sensors and a computer reprogram. Why do you think the EU and Japanese spec Corvette's and Vipers don't have the same ratings as U.S.?

23. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ch1c4n3</i>
    <b>it seems people really will believe anything they read....skylines with 1400hp??....has anybody actually seen a dyno test of a car up to 1400hp, i doubt it, which means as far as you're concerned, it HASNT got 1400hp

there is no chance in hell of a skyline revving to 15000rpm, uve got 2b kidding, 10 or 11 grand at the VERY most

running on normal gasoline, and reliable enough to last a good couple of hours of 'swift' driving, u should be looking at a realistic maximum of about 1000-1100hp, anything more than that is either gonna blow up, eat the gearbox, snap the driveshafts or something like that, would anybody seriously consider damaging there $150k car for a couple of tenths in the 1/4 ???</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I KNOW this isn't true. Grex sells an engine kit (pistons, crank, con-rods...) that's designed for a 12,500 redline. I can't remember which tuner it was, but they had a 1400+ GTR at the '02 Tokyo Auto Salon this year.... Pheonix Power was something like 1100 and it was running 9.0XX
    Veilside tunes the whole car as well (if you request it). I have a friend with an R33 GTS25T that has been tuned by Veilside.
    I guarantee you noone is going to be running a stock Tranny over 1100 hp.....and I know 800 can be daily driven in heavy traffic.... You forget a boosted car can be toned down from a 1000+ to 5-600 at the turn of a knob.

24. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

in case you didn't read the 1400 hp is achieved using METHANOL!!! guys its a frikkin drag car. why do you doubt numbers that were achieved in japan. do you believe that the japanese are not able to count a 1/4 mile run. why do you believe that everything in the u.s. is true. is it because you live here? i live in the u.s. but who's to say that a japanese figure is wrong and a definitive u.s. figure or a country on a west country is necessarily correct. i'm not going to doubt any of the figures unless it is plain unreasonable. and yes you can import the car through motorex.

to the CARB stuff i really dont know but what the hell is the point? the u.s. consumes more resources on this planet than any other country so there really is not that much of point since most japanese cars emit pretty low emissions ( i dont know about this car but generally)

why dont you believe these figures after all drag supras and drag rx's can achieve similar performance, and those figures are in u.s. recordbooks. if you keep up with nira or what not all the cars there run on petrol and last time i checked

the 1300 hp skyline has been tested in new zealand. i know there was a magazine article but i dont remember when

stephan papadakis runs a 8.3sec quarter mile in a #$%#in civic (yah its tubular frame chassis and all that but come on guys fwd. you can't make it streetable but a 1400hp skyline that runs to 15,000 rpms as masaaki said runs on METHANOL guys METHANOL!!! probably isn't streetable)

abel ibarra runs a 7.3 or something in his drag rx7. that's a 1.3 L powerplant that's been turboed.

if you dont believe the stats onthe skyline then you dont believe the stats on any japanese car that goes fast because they all have around the same displacement. unless you plan to dispute times for rx7's and supras which i CAN provide more stats then dont talk

25. Re: What is the fastest R33 verion Skyline?

the JUN Auto R33 Skyline hits 0-180mph is 12seconds, 0-60 in around 2.7 aswell.