What is with Dodge

Discussion in 'American Cars' started by CJ4976, Nov 13, 2004.

1. No, Chrysler makes Ford and GM seem better by themselves with thier inferior quality. Also, Chrysler had to make those cars so that they had no competition for them, because Chrysler's cars that are comperable to the Fords and GMs aren't as good. Except the SRT-4, but it could be argued that the SVT Focus is better. You can call me a brand humper if you want, my name says it all, but you're a fanboy too.

2. hmmm do you think we could get back to the subject......

3. So you are saying Chrysler has to make better cars that GM and Ford because their old cars were not as good? Isn't that what each car introduced is supposed to do? Beat competitors?

And, Chrysler is not the only company that has used hemisperhical combustion chambers.

4. technically its not even a 'hemi' its just a marketing technique for their new v8...although i must admit its got some nice power...

5. Yes, and no.

The Classic Hemi configuration is the closest way to classify the engine. But you are right, it is not a true hemi.

The semi-hemi of ford and chevy did not have the paralell valve configuration as Chryslers Hemi (and the same as this 5.7L)/ Soi technical the 345 "Hemi" is a semi-hemi, 2v , with parallel valves, not really a great marketing catch phrase. I cannot think of another head like it on the current market though, it is unique.

6. HAS ANYONE TORN DOWN A SUPPOSED HEMI. ITS REALLY NOT A HEMI IT DONT HAVE HMISEPHERICAL HEADS?

7. DIE!! assholes!!! you should all burn in the burning pits of hell....#$%#ERS!!!

8. Read my above post. It is a semi-hemispherical heads, with 2 valve per cylinder which are parallel.

The 426 was hemispherical heads, with 2 valve per cylinder which are parallel.

So NO it is not a true Hemi. It is the closest configuration of the old Hemi heads on the Market.

9. GM STILL HAS THE 5.3 AND 6.0 TO KILL IT. DODGE IS STUPID THERE SHIT SUCKS, MAYBE IF THEY HAD BETTER TRANS THEY'D BE OK. AT A SHOP I USED TO WORK AT WE'D HAVE ATLEAST 3-4 TRUCKS & CARS & VANS A WEEK THAT NEEDED TRANYS AND THESE ARENT OLD CARS EITHER THESE WERE WITHIN A 4 YEAR DIFFERENCE. THE NAME HEMI NOW IS USED TO SELL THE VEHICLES.