What makes this car so good?

Discussion in '2000 Ferrari 360 Modena' started by Pando, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Re: What makes this car so good?

Low weight, low displacement, good power (3.5 Kg per HP!).

2. Re: What makes this car so good?

Low weight? Thats a laugh, the Noble M12 weighs 350 kg's less, and that is an insane difference.

3. Re: What makes this car so good?

Nothing makes this car great.... Looks if anything and the huge pricetag on it that goes with that little yellow badge that comes on the front. Not to take anything away from this car, but nothing makes this car great! Because its not a great car. theres plenty of cars out there that can out proform this thing and there alot cheaper, your simply paying for history and prestiege (If you buy into all of that).

4. Re: What makes this car so good?

You hit the nail on the head.

5. Re: What makes this car so good?

Thanks.

6. Re: What makes this car so good?

M12 is a kit car dude...it's a car out of the box (kinder surprise)! ...have you seen it's frame? ...it all sounds great on paper, but it'd have to be tested for rigidity in front of my eyes for me only to sit in it!

7. Re: What makes this car so good?

It's made of Alluminium. The only other car i can think of that's mad eof Alluminium is the NSX.

8. Re: What makes this car so good?

There are many cars made of alu, the 360 should have been made of carbon fibre.

9. Re: What makes this car so good?

what do you guys think about the f1 paddle shift transmission? personally I would go with the traditional 6 speed..what do you guys think?

10. Re: What makes this car so good?

Yeh the old fashioned 6 speed would be my choice.

11. The Noble is a glorified Caterham

12. Whoever started this thread is either a complete idiot about cars or was so bored he wanted to read some obvious answers. Lets see, engine, transmission, looks....a better question is what is not good about this car. There is a cheap looking digital clock on the roof in the interior that look like something you would get in a Chevy Tahoe....

13. It's a championship winning chassis. End of story. How many championships has Noble won? Oh yeah, NONE.