What was the best & worst Mustang period?

Discussion in '1983 Ford Mustang SVO' started by LittleMercedes, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Personally, I think this from the '80s was one of the worst. Now, Mustangs looks better. But my favorite is the original!

2. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

all rustangs are fugly

3. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

worst mustang: mustang 2 (inline 4)
    best mustang : 1970 mustang boss 429

in my opinion, of course

4. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

Yeah, rriiiiiight !

5. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

The new modern mustangs and the ones from the 80's are the ugly ones....me, not being a huge fan of Mustangs personally find that the Boss and the nicest.

6. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

80s Mustangs have to be amongst the worst looking cars ever, and were fairly pathetic in terms of power

Boss 429 was the best, then the Cobra R, the mid 70s piles of shit were the worst, closely followed by this body style ('83)

7. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

thats because of emission laws....personally a 92 cobra Teal green with the 18 cobra R wheels with a supercharger...DAMN!!!

8. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

I like the modern Mustangs and the ones from the 70's. The 80's Mustangs were pretty gay!!!

9. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

Worst was this design, best was the 66 Cobra Jet

10. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

i think the worst time was the 80's and the best was the 60 cuz that when ma fav mustang came out "shelby cobra"

11. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

funny how some of you idiots talk about the 80's mustangs as being 'totally gay' when the LX's have one great engine for tuning, not to mention the Fox body... there's a lot of potential in the 5.0 and plenty of people use them to make real performers. so get your facts right.

12. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

I think that the 5.0 LX Mustangs were made in the early 90's, so I don't consider them as 80's Mustangs.

13. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

the fox body mustang is by far the greatest race car platform ever built, i admit there are some ugly ones out there, but there r many that r awesome, like the 83 svo(which will give your 2002 camaros a run with the turn of a screw) not to mention the 82 gt, 85-86 gt's, 87-93 lx's and gt's, 93 cobra, 85-93 saleens, and cant forget notchbacks (its like ford designed this car to be a dragster) my 92 gt makes around 400 hp out of a 357 cu. in. windsor and will pull low 11's and its a full wieght GT, Ford rules

14. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

and oh yeah, the 5.0 was used from 82 thru 95 stangs, all gt's 82-86 and lx's 87-93 are basically the same wieght, size, and design, the suttle differences being 82-86 gt's have pushed in headlights, different interior, and different taillight lenses. so a 90's lx can be considered almost identical to the 80's 5.0's, oh yeah, Ford rules

15. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

i second that
    though the boss 530 isn't bad either ;-)

16. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

Rusty, dark brown mustangs from the eighties are the worst looking cars ever. I don't care about what's under the hood, but the looks are just pathetic. I don't even know how they bought them.

17. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

Listen guys....mustang is a FORD...and they were only cool back in the day when they were actually considered muscle cars..Like honestly, how many of these 80's and early 90's do you see on the road that actually have no rust ? Maybe...if someone invested the amount the car is worth to fix it up..and still not be able to get your moneys worth ! How do you think mechanics make their living, and why is every mechanic in north america so good at fixing fords? Cuz they do it all the time ..thats why!

18. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

another classic idiot. if you knew anything about tuned Mustangs you'd know that the 80's and early 90's mustangs are very popular for their tuneability w/ the 5.0 engine. rust? not on most i see. half the ones i see are as good as new. so much for being a 'lousy FORD', and so much for your weak attempt at feigning ANY such knowledge on the subject, genius.

19. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

go research some. my friend has a 1988 5.0 LX. they're definately 80's.

20. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

true, the 5.0 was used from 82 to 95, but the 5.0 was used on ALL GT's, not just to 86. the GT's had 5-o's all the way to 95. they also had different ground effects. i would have to say that the only major difference between the 80's to 90's 5-o's was the introduction of the fuel injected 5.0 in 86. Ford rules.

21. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

Sure the 80's stangs may be good!
    But they look like piles of crapdung and you cant ague with that.

22. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

acctually my friend has a 92' cobra teal green...supercharger n 18 cobra r wheels...no rust and ona the best cars ive ever seen

23. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

yeah i can. i liked them fine. now cry about it.

24. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

The worst Mustangs had to have been the ones from the dark ages of automobiles (during the fuel crisis) in the late 70's and early 80's. They went from putting meaty big-block V8's to pussy-ass turbocharged I-4's like this particular Mustang.

The best Mustang ever would have to be the '67 Shelby GT500. No mustang can ever top the coolness, beauty, and feeling of driving one of those cars, which would kick the shit out of almost any other car at that time. Also, there is the Boss 429 from the early 70's. Its a shame that they turned to shit by the end of the decade.

25. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

except there were a few significant differences between that old Mustang II and the SVO. one being a TURBOCHARGER. the Mustang II really wasnt good, and really unreliable- my mom had one, fell the hell apart on the highway. the SVO could definately perform for what it was worth, dont doubt that.