What was the best & worst Mustang period?

Discussion in '1983 Ford Mustang SVO' started by LittleMercedes, Nov 11, 2002.

1. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

The worst is the 80's and after, the best is offcourse the original from the 60's to the Boss 429.

2. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

Yea the 5.0 was nice and tuneable but you talk like it's unstoppable when it's built-up. Truthfully, I'd take a built-up Chevy 327 ANYDAY over the Ford 5.0. ANYDAY!!!

3. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

I agree that the mustang II was the poorest excuse for a sports car, and the ugliest had to be the 1980 stang and the like. Not necesarily the "80's" stangs, but the one that started the 80's with that terrible slanted square plastic grille. Nasty.

I think you should see one of those "pussy-ass" 2.3turbo's in action. It'll scare the shit out of you. The turbo coupe t-birds had more power than the 5.0 ones of the same year, unless mated to an auto (a4ld). The fox bodies were realy light and well balanced vehicles, (tc's would pull 0.83 G's in factory form. That was the same as the Vette for that year), and had a solid powertrain in the 2.3's and 5.0's, when mated to the Tremec 5-spd. I know I've never been beaten, and mine's near stock. This was a truly well engineered four banger, and no one can tell it's a 4 until you pop the hood.

4. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

i meant 2003 in car years..........

5. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

okay, irrelevent preference. my point is the aftermarket is HUGE for tuning these mustangs, which is why so many are, and are preferred to do so.

6. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

I am not a Mustang fan but here are my selections.
    Best: 1968 GT-500 KR (Even I would like to own one of these)
    Worst: Any Mustang II (Nutin but a Pinto)

7. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

530???

8. nice but...

this is the only 80's mustang ide buy.

9. Re: nice but...

::smack:: id buy THAT.

10. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

you never heard of the Boss 530??? where the **** have you been?

though i much prefer the Mach Boss 6000.

11. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

the 80's mustangs were dfeinately the worst. the best were the late 60s and early 70s ones :p

12. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

nice unsubstantiated opinion.

13. Re: nice but...

Agreed.

14. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

Nice biased oppinion that won't allow anyone else to have their own. I agree that the best stangs were late 60's early 70's. But that can be said about pretty much any american sports car.

15. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

Any car that has been an 8 cylinder muscle car then reduced to a 4 banger piece of garbage, is the worst period definitaly. Good thing they "redeemed" (I say this because i still hate them for the 70's & 80's looks) in the '00.

16. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

I would much rather be driving an SVO stang than a 5.0 stang. I know that's only my opinion, but this engine, when worked a little, can pull on a 5.0 any day of the week, and can definately take it on a road course.

17. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

I think the best mustangs ever where the 64-73 and it seems like a new breed of ponys will rule the streets in 2005 with the retro style of the late 60's mustangs all in all 74-93 where the dar ages for mustangs. in my opinion

18. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

buuuhuuu whjscshcsh snore wuuhuu

19. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

tru tru..although dont foeget abou that big boss 762...man that thing was pimp...........530 ha.....

20. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

i almost agree with u..but cmon the 92-93 Cobras...best mustangs ever

21. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

haha... there ya go, thats more like the indie forums.

22. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

Shelby GT500, the exact one from "Gone in 60 seconds." That one ruled all. The worst is this one, 80's suck, they're just another one of thoughs crappy box shapped pieces of junk.

23. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

I have to agree and dissagree. This one in particular wasn't the worst, the n/a 2.3 auto was the worst, next to the shitty four-banger stang II.

24. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

why the hell are you so biast against 'Stangs

25. Re: What was the best & worst Mustang period?

I like the 68-73 period (although 73 mustangs were getting a bit bloaty) but i also didn't mind the mustang ii's at all. In fact I think the 74-78 hatchbacks are one of the best looking mustangs (the coupes are as ugly as hell). There performance was horrible but that can be changed.