What's everyone smoking?

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by 2003 ss R, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Everyone is saying that this is a piece of crap, but it isn't 254mph. that's damn fast. The 0-60 everyone says it sucks, but it's the same as a saleen s7 and a corvette zo6. It's 14 years old and some thing that old with the topspeed record has to have some credit. I still think the lingenfelter 427tt is faster though. These stats are wrong it accually has 989hp. So give this atleast a little respect. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: What's everyone smoking?

This is a sweet car!

3. Re: What's everyone smoking?

its obvious this car was not tested on the 1/4 track with slicks, otherwise it would be much much faster. They had shaved street car tires (to reduce heat build up at 250+ MPH..) for the top speed run. Probably used them for 1/4 testing to.

4. Re: What's everyone smoking?

Oh, is that why they used shaved tires.:eek:<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: What's everyone smoking?

the 0-60 is not fast because it is GEARED for top speed you dipshits.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: What's everyone smoking?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WS6 Trans Am</i>
    <b>the 0-60 is not fast because it is GEARED for top speed you dipshits.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->exactly.<!-- Signature -->

7. #7 imnotmaranelloboy, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: What's everyone smoking?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>Everyone is saying that this is a piece of crap, but it isn't 254mph. that's damn fast. The 0-60 everyone says it sucks, but it's the same as a saleen s7 and a corvette zo6. It's 14 years old and some thing that old with the topspeed record has to have some credit. I still think the lingenfelter 427tt is faster though. These stats are wrong it accually has 989hp. So give this atleast a little respect. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

These stats are wrong, the hp is actually less than they have listed. Like I tell everyone, go to http://www.callawaycars.com/Corvette/Sledgehammer/sledgehammer_article.htm and read up on it before you go around saying stuff that isn't true. I don't know where you got that number of 989 hp, but this is Callaway's official website, so I'm gonna be smart and trust it.<!-- Signature -->