Whats so super about this?

Discussion in '2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS' started by LamboOwner, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Whats so super about this?

It'a special edition Dumbass.<!-- Signature -->

2. What is so super sport about this? 199HP??? Its a sad time when American Muscle turns to this kinda power. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Whats so super about this?

Ok this site is about CARS i think... the car doesnt have to be worth 500 000$, or have a 0-60 time of 2 secs to be on here... this site is also used to compare the old and the new.. and the monte carlo changed alot.. its a shame they dont have the older models of this car cause it was a great car and still is! so even if it wasnt a limited edition car who gives a sh*t its a car and as a car lover im interested in all cars, jap, american, euro etc... your probably one of those guy who comes on here and only look at the picture of the new ferraris and dont even know the difference between a v8 and inline 4. You probably dont know shit about cars! so please before you say ''what super about this car'' again try to think that a car is a car and they dont need to be worth 500 000$ to be nice or worth being looked at!

4. Re: Whats so super about this?

What u mean, whats so super about this car?!!! U #$%#en dumbass!!!! U put a 454 or a nascar engine in this baby and it'll kill anything that goes near it!!!! That other guy had a point. U prolly don't even know the difference between an inline 4 and a v-8!!!! Learn somthing before u talk shit!!!

Smoke you foo!!!!!

5. Re: Whats so super about this?

Dumbasses!! As ive said before this car is not a concept, not a supercar and theres nothing special about it so it shouldnt be here, this site isnt for everyday cars!

6. Re: Whats so super about this?

I test drove one of these. It sucked. Wound up buying a used Olds for my daily driver

7. Re: Whats so super about this?

The guys at GM are talking and their going to put the LS1 in this and the Impala like it should be and I can't wait.

8. Re: Whats so super about this?

I hope you're right because they transformed this from muscle car to family car, and it's sad to see. The best Monte Carlos were the ones from '85 to '87.

9. Re: Whats so super about this?

sounds nice whens this happening?

10. Re: Whats so super about this?

They better Do something with this car. FWD in a SS? Come on. Look out I'm gonna get the groceries with my SS! Please atleast have RWD and 260hp NA for the lower models, and 300hp Supercharged for the SS model. That would be worth its money. Keep the styling. Looks alright. Ditch the FWD. And go to DOHC instead of SOHC for better power and fuel economy.

11. Re: Whats so super about this?

dumbass
    SS stands for super sport
    go nail yourself to a wall and starve to death so you can't pollute the forums with such idiotic words......

12. Re: Whats so super about this?

i'm with you
    this is nothing compared to the old SS monte carlos and the camaros, chevelles, novas and el caminos of the late 60's and early 70's

13. Re: Whats so super about this?

It's nice to finally find someone who shares the same views as myself, and a true car enthuseist. Well done

14. Re: Whats so super about this?

im glad i read this. next time muscle car fans post on any jap car and ask why the hell its here i can refer to the fact that this SS is also languishing among the ranks of real supercars on this site. imagine the torque steer on this.

15. Re: Whats so super about this?

puttin this in is pathetic. but theres lots of other cars in here that dont deserve it

16. Re: Whats so super about this?

The day someone puts a 454 or even a NASCAR engine in a stock Monte Carlo SS.....well that's the day. If you havn't noticed not too many people have NASCAR motors laying around, and the bigt 454 and other large motors aren't the king of the road anymore. Technology has been able to squeeze more and more power out of smaller engines. 350s, 302s, 289s, 281s, the list goes on.

17. Re: Whats so super about this?

I agree that there is nothin' special about this car, only special cars deserve the SS badge, and a 199 hp grocery getter is not special.

18. Re: Whats so super about this?

How can you say it sucked. Although it may not live up to the SS nameplate, it is a nice car, and i know because my folks own one and I drove it. It is not very special, but its not meant to be.

19. Re: Whats so super about this?

I hate to say it, but this car sucks.
    It has that cool nascar look to it, but thats about it.

20. Re: Whats so super about this?

How bout a Monte Carlo with a Northstar or an LS in it?