Whats the point?

Discussion in '2006 Audi S8 5.2 FSI quattro' started by djinguelian, Jan 16, 2006.

1. im pretty sure the specs r wrong.....its impossible audi would b this dumb....
    the w12 one does 5 secs to sixty....but i could b wrong

2. yep i was wrong they are dumb...wtf were they thinkin....

3. That power often is not all that matters in a car !.

plus that this V10 is sportier than a big V8.

// Krillmeister the wise has spoken ! .

4. Further to your comment, peak power isn't nearly as important as an engine's power curve. The Audi version of Lamborghini's V10 has been modified both to adhere to the requirements of a luxury car, but also manages to achieve peak horsepower and torque lower in the RPM range, which suggests a better power curve. Audi claims the S8 will hit 62mph in 5.1 seconds, which should be under 5 seconds for 60mph. Manufacturers also often understate a car's performance, so we'll have to wait for the road tests before we can make any comparisons to the W12. With the S8 weighing over 1000 lbs less than the W12, it's a safe bet that 0-100mph times will be greatly improved, not to mention the handling and braking advantages.

5. couldn't agree more man! i guess the marketing wizzards did it again...i suppose it's something like a sportier version of the W12. anyway, people who are reeeeally into driving would probably never buy a 5m, 1800kg car. not even with 700bhp! i wouldn't for sure....

6. the point is u should open ur window and throw urself. this car is above amazing and dont give me ur torque/horsepower bullshit so what? it wastes less fuel, is less heavier, and it will kill UR car ANY DAY!

7. are audi going ot do a RS8?

8. Probalby not because there never has been a RS8.

9. The point is that the V10 in this car is NOT the W12. It's the V10 from the Lamborghini Gallardo. This car definitely has sporting pretensions

10. true but the new engine is lighter than the W12 and the new F1 inpired tranny is acutally more efficient. therefor acceleration is faster in the S8 than the A8 W12. but i do agree... the bentley engine would be way sexier in this thing!!! hook that mess up to a F1 tranny and u just might see 0-60 in under 4.0 secs....

11. Sex-on-wheels.