whats this semi-automatic tranny????

Discussion in '1966 Aston Martin DBSC Coupé' started by shefx, Aug 10, 2002.

1. im confused, mclaren-semi automatic, doesnt make sence.

2. Re: whats this semi-automatic tranny????

thats sad tou don't know what a semi-automatic transmission is.

3. Re: whats this semi-automatic tranny????

all F1 cars have semi-auto trannys.

4. Re: whats this semi-automatic tranny????

what did u expect, manual? lol<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: whats this semi-automatic tranny????

sweet im on my way

6. Re: whats this semi-automatic tranny????

OHHHH THATS WHAT IT IS.

7. Re: whats this semi-automatic tranny????

The semi-auto not only consists of the paddle shifters, but also direct speed and gear selections on the steering wheel, when the driver needs to down shift quickly for turns he hits a button and it shifts from the gear he is in down to first, when they enter the pits they hit a particular button that regulates the cars speed to 45mph.

8. Re: whats this semi-automatic tranny????

The two pads are one up and one down, they don't have a clutch, these trannys have 7 speeds and they are called semi automatic because of the clutchless. if the touch both pads at the same time the car goes neutral. cool, isn't it? i don't know if the F-1 is the same as WRC (World Rally Championship) but in the WRC the trannys are like the F-1 and they have to be rebuilt every 500 miles, impresive, huh?

9. Re: whats this semi-automatic tranny????

I am pretty sure that the F1 trannies are rebuilt for every race. They design the trannies to only last that long in order to save weight. In F1, where budgets reach as high as 200 million US dollars, new trannies for each race weekend is not a concern.<!-- Signature -->

10. They are fully auto now!

Actually now with all those electornic toys back, the drivers dont even pick the gear, the boxes are full auto!

11. Re: whats this semi-automatic tranny????

shefx likes VECTORS so of course he didnt know what semi auto was. all the vectors have autos (blah)<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: whats this semi-automatic tranny????

iTS AUTOMATIC UPSHIFT AND MANUAL DOWN SHIFT. BUT SOON IT WILL BE MANUAL.