whats up with the 0-60

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by electrictyger, Aug 9, 2002.

1. wouldnt u think that a car with this much power would be able to go faster then est. 3 sec?

2. Re: whats up with the 0-60

not really, remember it weights heaps and just because it has tonns of powe dont mean i will go faster,

and evo 7 has "206"Kws and it does 6.5 secs to 100 this thing has more then 3 times that and probably will do 3 secs. <!-- Signature -->

3. Re: whats up with the 0-60

i think 3.0 seconds is #$%#ing fast i mean this car is probably geared for top speed so the 3.0 seconds is good! and by good i mean #$%#ing awesome

4. Re: whats up with the 0-60

Lacks low end torque. Not really but in comparison to other supercars.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: whats up with the 0-60

LAcks low-end torque? Are you blind my friend? Look at the stats. The full 1250nm torque is available from 2200rpm! Name another production car that developes over 1200nm torque at 2200rpm. I cant think of one. If had to gues as to why the 0-60mph is so "Slow" it would be a traction issue. Putting all that power to the ground to send the car from a standing start to 100kmh (60mph) is going to put strain on any driveline and tyres. That would be my guess. But it's just a guess. I stand by the earlier remark of 0-60mph of est. 3.0 seconds being seriously quick, awesomly quick.

6. Re: whats up with the 0-60

The weigh of the car is an issue, but bear in mind that 3.0 seconds is lower than that of the McLaren F1 and Ferrari Enzo. The 7-speed gearbox allows for short low gears for acceleration as well as tall upper gears for that increbile speed.