What's your favourite music genre at the moment?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by w00t, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Honkin on Bobo was pretty sweet.
    Probably the only modern one that was good.

2. You're such a lameass. It's almost too ridiculous to believe. I'm starting to think you're a second account.

3. Do you like indie?

4. Know any good indie?

5. ARE YOU SCENE ENOUGH TO GET THE POINT OF INDIE, MAAAAAN??????????

6. I need some good indie. Like the sweet stuff that dahldrin would dig. Anyone know any good kind of indie like that? Indie? INDIE?!

7. What's the most unknown, unheard of band you know of that you've heard of?

8. r u 4 rael?

9. It's gotta be Indie. They're so indie, it hurts the indie how indie their sound is. It redefines indie.

10. If I tell you, they won't be indie anymore.

11. what's so hard to believe?

12. What the #$%# is up with all the new genres with 'core' as a suffix? It's passed weird, then hilarious, and now retarded. Any OiNK member who ever reads the forums knows what I'm talking about.

Noisecore
    Soundcore
    Artsycore
    Skacore
    Breakcore
    Metalcore
    Scenecore
    Grindcore...

Mathcore. Yeah mathcore.

What does that shit even mean? Is there rapcore and countrycore and baroquecore?

13. I'm not even gonna tell you. One more person hearing about them will revoke their indie/scene status, and then they might get a record deal and then it would ALL BE OVER

14. #64 WhiteChocolateWorld, Jul 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016

15. #65 Jew Jew Rocket, Jul 18, 2007
    Well played.

16. #66 moosmann, Jul 18, 2007
    How the #$%# have you seen everything on Youtube. You always pull a #$%#ing youtube clip out of your ass you #$%#ing ass pulling youtube mother#$%#er

#$%# #$%# #%$ #$%# #$%# #%$ #$%# #$%# #%$ #$%# #$%# #$%# #$%# #$%# #$%# #$%# #$%# puppies

17. #67 GTHOPHASE3 4 eva, Jul 18, 2007
    Grindcore & Metalcore are the only legitimate genre off shoots of hardcore.

mathcore is dumb term and is used to describe bands that use weird time signatures and what evs. As mentioned in the screen shot dillinger escape plan would be one if them

www.myspace.com/dillingerescapeplan

18. #68 WhiteChocolateWorld, Jul 18, 2007
    Crazy. That Angel song of theirs isn't bad.

So 'core' is just something you'd put on the end of a new genre? I was wondering if it had some sort of specific meaning other than that.

I think I remember when Alternative was a new weird genre in the world of music.

19. #69 WhiteChocolateWorld, Jul 18, 2007
    Crazy. That Angel song of theirs isn't bad.

So 'core' is just something you'd put on the end of a new genre? I was wondering if it had some sort of specific meaning other than that.

I think I remember when Alternative was a new weird genre in the world of music.

20. all my current favourite songs are different genres

21. Listening to one single genre is lame. Listening to only trance is about as lame as it gets.

EDIT: I didn't quote anyone because it's a response to a few different people.

22. 'core' would be short for hardcore punk. Whenever a band has heavy hardcore punk influence but mixes it with another style/genre then it's easy for people to just say they're a say, metalcore band because they obviously use a bunch of metal riffs in their songs.

Hardcore punk is a maaaaasive genre and there's heaps of bands that have borrowed or created a sound and mixed it with the sound/aesthetic/ideas & attitiutes that are present in hardcore and this is how we get the whole xxxxcore thing.

So hardcore has been around for ages and over time it's become fairly convoluted and heaps of fans/labels/bands stick anything in front of 'core' to try make themselves sound unique and innovative.

sometimes it's true, sometimes its not.

23. Shut the hell up.