whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

Discussion in '2002 Porsche 911 GT2' started by ilovefastcars, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I dont know if any of you have seen the porsche suv but personally i think porsche should stick to making cars. I think its a very ugly vehicle even for a suv. Whats your opinion on it?<!-- Signature -->

2. #2 ilovefastcars, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

You can look at it at http://www.porshce.com <!-- Signature -->

3. #3 CarreraGtRacer, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ilovefastcars</i>
    <b>You can look at it at http://www.porshce.com </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Two things. ONe thing its www.porsche.com Secondly its not ugly and is the best looking SUV ever made and is also the fastest.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

even though the cayenne is fast, it's not the best looking SUV. especially the turbo one. First of all i dont see the point in buying a fast SUV because there's no point to it. I am not gonna go race a Cayenne against a Camaro even if it COULD win. Most people dont even drive camaros. if you go race someone, the guy will most likely be driving a vette, or some other american car. and besides if you had the money to buy the cayenne, why not buy something else with it like hmmm...maybe a REAL sportscar and not a sportSUV. Porsche should stick with makin what they are known for........CARS.

5. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MastrVipr</i>
    <b>even though the cayenne is fast, it's not the best looking SUV. especially the turbo one. First of all i dont see the point in buying a fast SUV because there's no point to it. I am not gonna go race a Cayenne against a Camaro even if it COULD win. Most people dont even drive camaros. if you go race someone, the guy will most likely be driving a vette, or some other american car. and besides if you had the money to buy the cayenne, why not buy something else with it like hmmm...maybe a REAL sportscar and not a sportSUV. Porsche should stick with makin what they are known for........CARS.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Its a nice way to put it and all but to answer a few of your questions.
    1. The reason you buy an SUV is because more then 5 people can fit in it.
    2. I am not saying to go race Camaros for fun. Just Camaros would get smoked buy it.
    3. Porsche is good at everything it makes.
    4. Drive it then speak.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarreraGtRacer</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MastrVipr</i>
    <b>even though the cayenne is fast, it's not the best looking SUV. especially the turbo one. First of all i dont see the point in buying a fast SUV because there's no point to it. I am not gonna go race a Cayenne against a Camaro even if it COULD win. Most people dont even drive camaros. if you go race someone, the guy will most likely be driving a vette, or some other american car. and besides if you had the money to buy the cayenne, why not buy something else with it like hmmm...maybe a REAL sportscar and not a sportSUV. Porsche should stick with makin what they are known for........CARS.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Its a nice way to put it and all but to answer a few of your questions.
    2. I am not saying to go race Camaros for fun. Just Camaros would get smoked buy it.
    4. Drive it then speak.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->So what if 5 people can fit in it? Just go buy a toyota camry or some other garbage that can fit 5 people. and with 5 people in it, i think it will have a harder time smoking the camaro. let's say everyone in the car weighs 120lbs on avg. that's 600lbs. any automobile will get slower with another 600lbs added to it. What's the point. Yeah it's a porsche but i mean come on i am not going to pay 25-30K more for a label, sure it's fast but i mean i am not going to race a camaro with my family in it. though it would be cool.

7. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MastrVipr</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarreraGtRacer</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MastrVipr</i>
    4. Drive it then speak.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->So what if 5 people can fit in it? Just go buy a toyota camry or some other garbage that can fit 5 people. and with 5 people in it, i think it will have a harder time smoking the camaro. let's say everyone in the car weighs 120lbs on avg. that's 600lbs. any automobile will get slower with another 600lbs added to it. What's the point. Yeah it's a porsche but i mean come on i am not going to pay 25-30K more for a label, sure it's fast but i mean i am not going to race a camaro with my family in it. though it would be cool.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Idiot I'm just pointing out that the performance is better then the performance of a Camaro. The Cayenne can seat more then 5 people. Try 7. I'm not asking you spend 25K-30K dollars for a label. But just remember you get what you pay for. <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

I can say that Porsche Cayenne is better than Mercedes ML500 but not better than BMW X5.

9. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

yeah the X5 is nice.

10. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

The ML500 has better performance figures then the X5 and the Cayenne is going to be better then the ML500. So if Cayenne is better then he ML500 which is better then the X5 then the Cayenne is better then the X5. Now in looks its all about opinion. The Cayenne looks tight.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

cayenne ?

Yeurk yeurk.

12. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

UGLY

13. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

I love it

14. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

They just don't know it yet. Drive it then speak.

15. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

I'm still torn. A lot of people don't think Porsche should be building a SUV, but they have done the market research and feel that it's a good idea. I would probably end up buying the Volkswagen version (the Touareg) because it has been aimed more towards off-road prowess while the Cayenne has been aimed more towards on-road prowess and if I wanted a big car that handled well, I'd get an Audi RS6 for a little less money.

16. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

i dunno, i feel a lil iffy when i see their SUV. but they gotta follow the trend i guess...

17. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

Give it a chance...

18. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

Porsche absolutely sold their sports-car soul when they decieded to build an SUV. Remember, Porsche dropped out of a couple types of racing just to funnel more money to their SUV project. Shameful behavior for a sports-car company.

19. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

yes that is shameful behavior, but hey, it might work.

20. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

Think about it (yes i know its hard for you but just try) for just one second...Cayenne=Money, Money=Faster + Better Sports cars

21. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

that is IF, they get all the money they spent in this project BACK

22. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

They will. Americans are crazy for SUV's for some reason and this is there SUV.

23. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

wrong "there". it's this is their SUV.
    yeah you have a good point.

24. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

Okay.

25. Re: whats your opinion on the porsche suv?

Yeah, it is actually quite disgraceful that they would build an SUV. What a joke. Porsche is no longer a sports car company, they sold out to the SUV market. Holy trying to adopt the American culture, stupid porsche.

Angus