When will the 5-door arrive?

Discussion in '2002 Ford Focus SVT' started by Audiquattro4, Mar 14, 2003.

1. This is a quite nice affordable car. I was wondering when the 5-door SVT Focus would come out in the U.S. after hearing car magazines saying this spring. I haven't seen anything on the Ford website about it. A five-door is real practical since the Focus hatchback is real versatile (especially the ZX5) and it would be nice to have that 170 hp engine and 17 inch wheels.

2. Re: When will the 5-door arrive?

There's no such thing as a 5-door. 3-door means that it has two doors that are 150% the size of a normal door, the extra 50% on either side adding up to the size of a third door. The name is generally only given to hatchbacks because non-hatchbacks with 2 oversized doors are called coupes.

A "5-door" would be called a Wagon or Sedan (depending on whether it has a trunk or hatchback).

I think this will only be available as a 3-Door.

3. Re: When will the 5-door arrive?

Actually, the ZX5, the 4 door, (yes, when I say 4 door, I literally mean you can get in in 4 places)is often referred to as a 5 door. Technically they may be wrong, but who the hell cares.

And to answer the question- the SVT version of the ZX5 is already out, they started making them 2003. Please, nobody be stupid enough to argue with me, I have seen one at a dealership with my own two eyes.

4. Re: When will the 5-door arrive?

Texas1 is right
    how do i know..... i got mine about a month and a half or two ago

5. #5 fordpower2099, Apr 23, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016