whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1' started by FearThe3000gt, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

that is what i been wanting to know for ever when will they change it
    it still looks the same :(

2. don't get me wrong here, i think this car is a fine ass kickin machine. but one of my friend say they are gonna make a brand new, more curving look pretty soon. just wonder anyone have any idea on that

3. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

ford said 04. it is going to be one of those new/old looks. go to motortrend.com to see

4. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

Yeah I saw it in Motor Trend too. I think the new Mustang is gonna look way better. Here are the pics.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

They said that after this special edition is the second in line next is the bos 302 or the 405 I dont know which one it is but I know that it is going to be great

6. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

they need to make another fast back mustange, this mach 1 would have looked a lot better as a hatch back and with a 351. they loose the tradition. shaker looks the part tho.

7. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

Wow.........for one.....they will not bring the Boss into production, it is too outragous. It would be priced higher then Audis, Vipers, Beamers, and would challenge many Porshes. This only has 300 horsepower and a 5-Speed manual. All this car is is just a lowered mustang where the great Geniuses at FORD decided that it would now be a good time to make the hood scoop actually DO SOMETHING!!! Rather than just have it be a bump on the hood creating more drag. This car is really nothing special, and it's not going to sell like they expect. It's just an overpriced Mustang. Ford could be so much better, but they decided that they needed to piss their money away, probly on hookers who wouldn't give them anything, and cheap booze that was overpriced.<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Dont Be Gay</i>
    <b>Wow.........for one.....they will not bring the Boss into production, it is too outragous. It would be priced higher then Audis, Vipers, Beamers, and would challenge many Porshes. This only has 300 horsepower and a 5-Speed manual. All this car is is just a lowered mustang where the great Geniuses at FORD decided that it would now be a good time to make the hood scoop actually DO SOMETHING!!! Rather than just have it be a bump on the hood creating more drag. This car is really nothing special, and it's not going to sell like they expect. It's just an overpriced Mustang. Ford could be so much better, but they decided that they needed to piss their money away, probly on hookers who wouldn't give them anything, and cheap booze that was overpriced.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You #$%#ing idiot DONT BE GAY you have no idea what the #$%# your talking about, they are coming out with a BOSS 351 in 2004, i cant #$%#in wait til 2004, you will see all the stangs from the retro years, most of them will be corvette eaters and some will be the F-BODY beaters. THIS CARS ISNT GOING TO SELL LIK THEY THOUGHT, okay you #$%#ing retard they are only making 6500. Research before you speak. and DONT BE GAY!<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

Go to motor trend .com and go the next gereneration mustang and on the seocond or third page it says that the bullit came first then this then the boss the the new mustang they said that these speicial editions are tests for the GT and cobra so HA yes they are

10. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Supra and Bronco</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Dont Be Gay</i>
    <b>Wow.........for one.....they will not bring the Boss into production, it is too outragous. It would be priced higher then Audis, Vipers, Beamers, and would challenge many Porshes. This only has 300 horsepower and a 5-Speed manual. All this car is is just a lowered mustang where the great Geniuses at FORD decided that it would now be a good time to make the hood scoop actually DO SOMETHING!!! Rather than just have it be a bump on the hood creating more drag. This car is really nothing special, and it's not going to sell like they expect. It's just an overpriced Mustang. Ford could be so much better, but they decided that they needed to piss their money away, probly on hookers who wouldn't give them anything, and cheap booze that was overpriced.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You #$%#ing idiot DONT BE GAY you have no idea what the #$%# your talking about, they are coming out with a BOSS 351 in 2004, i cant #$%#in wait til 2004, you will see all the stangs from the retro years, most of them will be corvette eaters and some will be the F-BODY beaters. THIS CARS ISNT GOING TO SELL LIK THEY THOUGHT, okay you #$%#ing retard they are only making 6500. Research before you speak. and DONT BE GAY!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Chill out Dumb AsS. Do you think the corvetts will stay the same too, because it sounds like you do. LOL the c-6 is also comming in 2004 too and it will kill the new 2004 mustang just like always has. Mach 1 lol yea right.

11. Re: not good enough

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from supraiscool</i>
    <b>don't get me wrong here, i think this car is a fine ass kickin machine. but one of my friend say they are gonna make a brand new, more curving look pretty soon. just wonder anyone have any idea on that</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->In 2004!!!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

Chev should be embarresed that people are even comparing the stang to the vette, there in completely different leagues. Just shows how much a rip-off the vette really is when compared to the stang.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

Uh huh, and monkeys might fly out my ass! The stang is a pony car, a pony car that has been consistantly destroyed by its competitor the Camaro for year and years, Now that the F body is not longer in the picture what do they have to compare ti to? The only remaining american sports car still in a realatively close price range, the corvette.

Personally, when people say that the stang is better than the vette it makes me laugh, fine go ahead and think what you want, you are and will be wrong but thats cool. As for calling the vette a ripoff? now i dont know about that, the mustangs may have similar acceration numbers, but lets look at a few things shall we?

Hopw about technology and engineering, which car do you think has the edge there,mustang with its, ummmmmm yeah or vette with its active handling system, driver controlled yaw control system, its HUD, its multi option computer (the damn thing tells your your tire psi!), dual zone computer controlled climate control, and so much more i cant even begin to list I would point to vette.

How about i ntrack manners? how many mustangs do yall see at the local autocross and road course events? I dont know about you but compared to the numbers of vettes there are very few, in fact there has only been one mustang at any of the forementioned events that i have been to.

How about racing heritage and current racing success? I dont feel that i need to elaborate on that too much.

I will not continue due to a lack of time, however back to the original question, Should us chevy boys be embarrassed because the stang is even being compared to the vette?

No, and i will tell you why. I am not embarrassed because I understand the point of both of these cars and i realise that the vette is the only american sports car left for people to compare the stang to, thats fine. The mustang is a pony car or a muscle car depending on what termanology you use, and a pretty good but it is no vette killer, not on the track or on the strip, it never will be. The vette is a world class sports car that competes and is made to compete with the likes of porsche (in some cases, not price just performance) and ferrarri.

14. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

That Stang looks like Fords new design concept for a Falcon, get to the old school!<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

has anyone ever heard of the Mustang Mach 3? that looks *Slightly* different to the stang that we're all familiar with.

take a look below:

<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

I think the Mach 3 was a VERY ugly concept. (the one in the pictures ur showing) BUT thats only my opinion, looks like,,,, odd
    <!-- Signature -->

17. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from cobra R</i>
    <b>Chev should be embarresed that people are even comparing the stang to the vette, there in completely different leagues. Just shows how much a rip-off the vette really is when compared to the stang.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok , your a Dumd ASs. Lets see the 2003 svt has 390hp and will cost around 35,000 to 36,000. The corvette coupe has 350hp and cost around 40,000 to 41,000. The Corvette coupe is faster because its a lighter car than the mustang by like 400lb. The z06 is 10,000 grand more but it does 0-60 in 4.0 seconds. Embarresed ? maby you ford lovers should be embarresed, that every mustang looks the same, no matter what model it is.LOL, Also the vette has all its power from a raw 5.7 v-8. While ford had to put a supercharger in their 2003 Svt to get the power that high. LOL ahahahaahah

0-60 coupe 4.4-4.5
    0-60 2003 svt 4.8-4.9

18. Re: when is Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

what should we be embarresed about?the 03 cobra should run with the vette.look at the cobra r it ran 12's.the cobra should also run 12's. the mustang has always been better than the vette.but nobody wanted to truely compare them.the fox body 5.0's could run 12's while the the vette ran 14 maybe 13's.and thats with a bigger engine.

19. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Iverson</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from cobra R</i>
    <b>Chev should be embarresed that people are even comparing the stang to the vette, there in completely different leagues. Just shows how much a rip-off the vette really is when compared to the stang.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ok , your a Dumd ASs. Lets see the 2003 svt has 390hp and will cost around 35,000 to 36,000. The corvette coupe has 350hp and cost around 40,000 to 41,000. The Corvette coupe is faster because its a lighter car than the mustang by like 400lb. The z06 is 10,000 grand more but it does 0-60 in 4.0 seconds. Embarresed ? maby you ford lovers should be embarresed, that every mustang looks the same, no matter what model it is.LOL, Also the vette has all its power from a raw 5.7 v-8. While ford had to put a supercharger in their 2003 Svt to get the power that high. LOL ahahahaahah

0-60 coupe 4.4-4.5
    0-60 2003 svt 4.8-4.9

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Again Iverson, thanks for comparing the convertible Cobra to the corvette coupe. Guess you still haven't figured out that a convertible will run 4 to 5 thousand more than a coupe and will run a few tenths of of the coupe. Sure the corvette weighs less but it is also down 40 horsepower. So 42k vs. 30k, and the winner is? Hmm. Should have been a little more decisive.

And how about the Corvette hardtop vs. Roush 360R, something that is in the corvette's price range

0-60 Corvette 4.5, Roush 4.3
    1/4 Corvette 13.x?, Roush 12.3

Price Corvette 42k, Roush 40k

20. Re: whenis Ford gonna make a new look for da stang?

im glad ford is coming out with new stuff. having family in the car world i know that ford is getting a bad rep because they never really come out with new things. now ford seems to be changing, and i like the look of this mustang. they are bringing back the heritage with the shaker scoop, scalloped side scoops and tri-bar head lights.
    i, personally, would like to see a fastback, or maybe even a hatch back, lighter weights, and engines that could easily compete with chevy's, while remaining in an "easy-to-pocket" price range, that ford is known for.

i dont meen to dis on chevy, a very respectable car manufacturer, but im tired of chevy people talking bad about, eh-hem, "fUrds"...