Where did we go wrong?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Aych Es Vee, Aug 28, 2018.

1. it wasnt repulsive for me i just had my moderator duties to strongly and firmly uphold

Veyronman likes this.
  2. Also, pretty much every member that had Porsche in their username is literally gay.
    When I hear people say they really like Porsches, I assume theyre gay. This site taught me a lot.

3. Didn't you do something to bring the old site down fo a bit? And then lots of people left or something.

Veyronman likes this.
  4. bit of an understatement.

i wonder if eventually there will be 1 person left, or they shutdown the forum in a couple of years.
    the main site looks pretty active but the twitter is dead

Veyronman likes this.
  5. this site will eventually just become an Instagram page

6. I certainly contributed.

However, I didn't physically break anything. The admin simply shut the site down for sometime because I was being a twat.

Veyronman likes this.
  7. Are dickpicks allowed on Instagram?

8. not sure

def on twitter

9. is there an scnet instagrm page?

10. the owner also runs a corvette site & forum called corvsport. I noticed he was using the supercars.net facebook page to promote links to that site for a while but he's been to some events recently and put up some articles for this site (although the photography needs improving - posting images cropped down to square format, but cropping out the front and back of the car)

11. I'm surprised there wasn't ever a member called PorscheGayman

Veyronman and Aych Es Vee like this.
  12. Even before that, SC.net member “The Dude” created his own page, UltimateCarPage.com. It still exists, as sort of a snapshot of what sc.net was in the old old days (pre-2005), just without anywhere near as much traffic. There are still posts from 2017 on the first page of their misc forum.

Veyronman likes this.
  13. I see so much shit on Facebook to which I would love to respond, but then I think back to everything I’ve learned from this site about arguing with people on the internet, and then I don’t post anything because what’s the point?

Pre-2005 sc.net was a barrel of laughs though. Man, I’d just read and post and make a funny picture and laugh for hours.

SupraMan and Veyronman like this.
  14. Second accounts were the most fun. People would get so mad.

Veyronman, ETB4U and Baklava like this.
  15. Especially @426 Hemistage 8

Veyronman likes this.
  16. Grew up..made money. Got into racing motorcycles. Oogling mac F1s and GT2s was fun when I was 15 on here.

17. And your mum.

18. The forum got too little new traffic with too many inside jokes for a newbie to comprehend. Its entertaining though.

Also, we all got older.

19. And, your mum.

Aych Es Vee likes this.
  20. FUDAS

21. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Aych Es Vee, ETB4U and Veyronman like this.
  22. so what exactly does a "staff" member get up to around here?

23. There's actually tons of activity around here, but it's their job to silence it.

SEABEE likes this.
  24. just staff

25. There was a period where we were fighting off spam bots.

Veyronman likes this.