WHERES THE SPEED

Discussion in '2002 Peugeot RC Concept' started by 69camaro454, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

its missing "dun dun dun"<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

well it is a 4 banger producing 180hp u cant ask for more

3. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

5.9 seconds 0-60 isnt slow bud. i wanna see your heavy benz do that<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

there are several Mercedes that can do 60 in 5.9

5. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

How would the big benz go against this when you hit the corners though?

6. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

It depends how old the MB is.

and are we talking about MB or where the speed is??

7. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550Barchetta</i>
    <b>Beatiful car, however the speed department needs a little work...Actually a lot. I could beat this car in my benz.

As Always,
    Barchetta Man (550Barchetta)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well it is a four [but a good on at that], and only weighs 900kg. tell me, would you like to be in a car that light at over 230kph. especially with no wing on the rear. its all about corners anyway.

its good to see them concentrating on the most important thing for good driver cars - weight. and at 4300mm length, 900kg weight is bloody good going. and this engine is the same as the one going in the new hipo 206 isn't it???

looks pretty cool - basically a very wide & flat 206. and it'd be a blast to thrash. [i'd assume its a RWD being mid engined]<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

light or not, the car still does 230 km/h which is completely shit. the weight only makes it more manouverable, and if the engine is set in the middle thats an even better advantage. However, barchettaman is right, a SLK kompressor could beat it, its acceleration is definitely better than 5.6 seconds (o-60) and who said that acceleration was good? for a car that weighs 900kg that measure is crap! well, the frenchies sure made it look good, work on the engine snail eaters!!!

9. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from slinkywizard</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550Barchetta</i>
    <b>Beatiful car, however the speed department needs a little work...Actually a lot. I could beat this car in my benz.

As Always,
    Barchetta Man (550Barchetta)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

well it is a four [but a good on at that], and only weighs 900kg. tell me, would you like to be in a car that light at over 230kph. especially with no wing on the rear. its all about corners anyway.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Well, aerodynamics aren't solely based on the top of the car. It might have great ground effects to keep it glued to the ground.

10. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

Personally I don't find much anything special about this car. reminds me of an Opel speedster mixed w/ a Countache. And with only 178 hp it may still be fast but it has no balls.

11. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

Give it more kick without increasing the weight too much, in my opinion. I wonder how much torque its going to have? With around 130cu in. of displacement, it shouldn't be that bad. either way though, nice styling. a peugeot I can actually live with. I agree with everyone else...I bet it holds the road in the corners like a dream.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

My supra chould kill this thing, it does 0-60 in 4.8 secs and all that is on there is a aftermarket exhaust system and other than that its all stock. This is a very nice SPORTS CAR but as for a supercar, i dont think so.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

Tell me, who in the hell reelly needs to be driving a car that much faster than 140? If you can't have fun driving a car under that speed, maybe it is not the right car for you... Also, anything under 6 seconds 0-60 is pretty good, infact, just about all you need. The world is not based on quarter miles and stoplight to stoplight racing. Handling is also important, and I would rather have a well balanced car that handles competently than a 4000 pound bruiser that can run the 1/4 in 10 seconds. Driving car at 150 and running down the 1/4 does not really show how good of a driver one is, it is shown in the corners, the braking, and the basic ability to handle a vehicle. I would buy this car, for more than just its looks.

14. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

I proud that your supra could beat this car with just an aftermarket muffler. My dumb #$%# car could beat this car with a new muffler. Put some after market parsts on this car and I will smoke you any day of the week.

15. Re: WHERES THE SPEED

hey delrey, thanks for your stupid opinion, but it sucks, along with this car. my jeep has more damn horsepower than that, does that mean my jeep is classified as a S U P E R C A R? i think not.<!-- Signature -->