Which engine and transmission is this?

Discussion in '2004 Peugeot 907 Concept' started by Nick D, Sep 21, 2004.

1. According to comments I have read, it is supposed to be 2 V6 of Peugeot 407 put together (with a unique crankshaft of course). I don't know anything about the transmission.

2. Wouldn't that be a W12 then? Two V's do make a W.

3. Not when put in succession of each other, the thing about the W engine is that they are together "side by side", therefore making that special W shape.

4. I'm not sure what type of transmission that they have used, but I think that Peugeuot made their own transmission for this car. It is very rare for a car company to make a new transmission for a concept car, but Peugeuot did it for some reason.

5. Engine:V12
    Transmission:6-Speed Sequential
    Displacement:6000 cc
    Horsepower:500 bhp @ ---- rpm

The 6.0 litre V12 engine (368 kW or 500 bhp) is positioned longitudinally behind the front axle; connected by a small propshaft, it transmits its power to a six-speed gearbox placed longitudinally in front of the rear axle. The wheelbase of this GT coupe is 97.5 in, its length 170.4 in, its width 73.3 in, while its height culminates at 47.2 in and its passenger compartment, designed to accommodate two people comfortably, is situated just ahead of the rear axle to allow for a long bonnet. The kerb weight is around 3000 lb.