which one FXX or McLaren F1?

Discussion in '2005 Ferrari FXX' started by BugattiEB110SS, Jan 3, 2006.

1. According to the newest issue of Motor Trend (Feb. 06 I think. The FXX weighs 2,700lbs and does 0 to 60 in 2.8 seconds.

2. FXX FXX FXX FXX FXX FXX FXX FXX FXX FXX
    FXX FXX FXX FXX FXX FXX FXX FXX FXX FXX

3. Maybe the fxx is faster but i never will love it like the

MC LAREN F1 (LM) MC LAREN F1 (LM)

4. i think this topic is not relevant on the basis that the FXX is a natural aspirated V12 and that McLaren F1 is a supercharged V12, comparison should be made in the classes they exist in not outside of it, like FXX is very very advanced in all cases, in lap times it will probably destroy any car and about the 10 year theory, dude this doesnt mean that ferrari couldnt do it, they have the biggest research institute in motor companies also ignoring comparison i would like to say that Enzo and FXX has only a diff of 0.3L but a BHP diff of 140 this is technology and superfine engine building which ferrari always had but never used it and besides Enzo even though slower than F1 beats it in lap times easily

5. Um, what?
    The Mclaren F1 is a supercharged V12? Where did you get that from?

6. Mclaren F1 never had a supercharged engine. Never.

7. #7 Carrera GT Master, Mar 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  8. WTF you been smoking? Since when was the BMW S70/S72 engine ever supercharged? It's naturally aspirated, dude.

9. the FXX is the best car i mean it is like a regular formula one car except it has two seats. It can beat the McLaren F1 any time.

10. The Mclaren F1 may be faster in a straight line but the handling is way off any Ferrari supercar. The old F40 handles better than a McLaren F1!

11. The FXX will beat the F1 without any problems. The F1 will not even beat the FXX on a straight line. And Ferrari already beat the F1 with the Enzo. The Enzos acceleration time from 0-100 KMH is slower and so is his topspeed, but after de 100kmh the Enzo is much faster than the F1. All the Ferrari's have these day a ''formula 1'' gearbox, wich hasn't the settings to go as fast as possible from 0-100 and neither as high as possible topspeed, it is ment to go as fast out of corners. And with that the Ferrari's beat many cars now on the track. The F1 will have no chanche agaist the FXX. I think it is not a fair fight between those two. Ferrari's aren't dragrace cars but more like a race car.
    Sorry if my English isn't very well

12. (please read the whole thing before you reply)

Unfortunatly these comparrisons are pretty vague. However I want to address the most important aspect of supercars, Their preformance against each other. Now, This comparison is between the Mc F1 and the FXX, whether they are in different classes, or totally different types of cars is completely eroneous ( it doesnt matter that one is a exotic luxury sports car, and one is a program to help the advancement of ferrari racing (the Fxx program)).

In any event I chose to think of it this way. Ferrari puts all that they know about formula 1 racing into their cars, whether it be a the F430, 599 gtb, or Fxx, (they all kick ass). Same with Mclaren, All that Mclaren knew about racing back in 1994 went into the first F1.

SO... If you think that the 1994 mclaren f1, can beat the 2005 Fxx, essentially what you are saying is that the 1994 Mclaren Formula 1 and lemans technology is still superior to the ferrari formula 1 technology.

You people have to let go, The Mclaren F1 as great in its hayday. Although it was never that great. When Ford released the GT, ferrari instantly retaliated with the F430. The Mclaren F1 was never a threat to ferrari because ferrari never cared about top speed. Because it doesnt matter as much as the other aspects of the car.

I once heard from a Mclaren owner that the F1 has no business going over 200, it is a rattle trap, and only thoes with nothing to lose should tempt that.

And if you say that this year in Mclaren F1 team is giving ferrari a run for their money, and Alanso in the renault is killing ferrari as well, at that level its all about the driver, not about the car.

13. (please read the whole thing before you reply)

Unfortunatly these comparrisons are pretty vague. However I want to address the most important aspect of supercars, Their preformance against each other. Now, This comparison is between the Mc F1 and the FXX, whether they are in different classes, or totally different types of cars is completely eroneous ( it doesnt matter that one is a exotic luxury sports car, and one is a program to help the advancement of ferrari racing (the Fxx program)).

In any event I chose to think of it this way. Ferrari puts all that they know about formula 1 racing into their cars, whether it be a the F430, 599 gtb, or Fxx, (they all kick ass). Same with Mclaren, All that Mclaren knew about racing back in 1994 went into the first F1.

SO... If you think that the 1994 mclaren f1, can beat the 2005 Fxx, essentially what you are saying is that the 1994 Mclaren Formula 1 and lemans technology is still superior to the ferrari formula 1 technology.

You people have to let go, The Mclaren F1 as great in its hayday. Although it was never that great. When Ford released the GT, ferrari instantly retaliated with the F430. The Mclaren F1 was never a threat to ferrari because ferrari never cared about top speed. Because it doesnt matter as much as the other aspects of the car.

I once heard from a Mclaren owner that the F1 has no business going over 200, it is a rattle trap, and only thoes with nothing to lose should tempt that.

And if you say that this year in Mclaren F1 team is giving ferrari a run for their money, and Alanso in the renault is killing ferrari as well, at that level its all about the driver, not about the car.

14. The FXX cannot be compared to a 1994 Mclaren because the Ferrari is a track car now if you compared it to the Mclaren F1 GTR that won Le Mans 3 times thats where the FXX would probably stay tight to the Mclaren on a twisty race track but the Mclaren would pull away during the straits

15. A ferrari Enzo is faster round a track than a Mclaren F1 and the fxx is lighter more powerful more refined very latest in technology away from Formula 1 so i very much dought the Fxx will have a problem brushing the Mclaren aside on the track

16. A ferrari Enzo is faster round a track than a Mclaren F1 and the fxx is lighter more powerful more refined very latest in technology away from Formula 1 so i very much dought the Fxx will have a problem brushing the Mclaren aside on the track

17. For performance FXX. Mclaren for everything else.

18. Let's be reasonable here--which McLaren F1 model are we talking about? The only one that can be brought up is the 1995 McLaren F1 LM certainly, it being a pure racing car. Now, it's already been pointed out that the FXX has ten years of formula 1 technology advancement over the F1 LM. That said, we do have to recognize that the F1 remained untouched for so many years until recently when the Bugatti Veyron, the Koenigsegg CCR/X, and the Ferrari FXX came were introduced. Considering that, the F1 should be recognized and respected for being the automotive world's overall performance king for so long. It is no longer the greatest, but it still keeps up to the new "threats" and gives them a decent run for their money. Its balance, power, weight, EVERYTHING still makes it a legend that will not go down without a fight.

19. FXX is the best car ever seen, for the moment, but a F1 better than every car on the road. However FXX is better thaN McLaren because FXX is the top of technology(after F1).

20. FERRARI vs Mclaren ?? i take the ferrari ! 1st for the name ! 2nd of the power ! 3rd coz it was created mostly from Schumaher's exp .. and 4th i hate the mclarenf1

21. Guys, i can appreciate ferrari's for what they are, but the fact of the matter is there will never be a better supercar than the mclaren f1. It is widely regarded as the greatest car of all time and in my opinion it is too.

22. Agreed.

23. got that right... the F1 was way ahead of its time

But now its time for the T1 to take its place.

24. MCLAREN F1 IS NOT COMPUTASHION 4 THE FX IT WOLD BE KILL THE FX IS THE BEST CAR SO FAR THATS EVER MADE SO THE MCLAREN F1 BETTER BACK OFF THE FX..

25. I like how ppl say the fxx can out handle a mclaren as if they've driven both to know. show me skidpad numbers and real track times to make statements like that. also, saying things like the mclaren is unsafe at speeds of 200+ is ridiculous, even the mclaren page on supercars says a man drove to work at speeds above 200 daily. the mclaren is a true supercar in every way, not just in top speed which it happens to be known for but in handling, acceleration, power, and weight. anyways, i'd take the mclaren because it was a far greater achievement in it's day than the fxx is today (just a revamped enzo which in turn is just a revamped f50 which in turn is just a revamped f40). also it's unique, i don't know of many cars that come with engine bays lined with gold or 3 seats and a central view of the road. It was designed from the ground up with a purpose, and that purpose was fulfilled with real wins in racing to back it up. even if the mclaren isn't the best car anymore, it sure isn't hard to believe that it is. All that aside, the fxx is just butt ugly.

P.S. Manual > Paddles when it comes to having fun.