WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

Discussion in '1962 Morris Mini Cooper S' started by 3654ever, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

These things are great. To all you Aussies out there (and those who aren't, but still know), the mighty Mini didn't just win Bathurst in 1966, but filled 9 of the first 11 positions. They still dominate dirt track speedway racing to this day.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

The old Mini and the new one both rule<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

Old Mini and New 'Mini' are two totaly different things, the new Mini isn't bad, after all its nice to see a car on the road that isn't the same as every other new car, but it isn't a patch on the original!<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

I was reading bout a mini last night with 1430cc Turbo motor - it's expected to push out about 180hp! And this is a road legal everyday car - not a racing car.

5. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

looking at the new Mini, i noticed that is gas cover, is the same as the 80s Jaguar. (chrome lid) which I found totally awesome!
    it shows its british heritage.

to those of you, who bought i new one..
    i'm sorry for you.
    to be blunt, BMW doesn't know a thing how to fix these things, even though they owned it.
    You're better off, paying to get service at a Jaguar Dealer, because they are better equiped and trained with these cars.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

mini rocks! it may be small, it may have its problems but its the only car in the world that will make you smile every time you drive it and every time you even sit in one.

7. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

The Mini rocks! Not sure 'bout 165bhp tho', I think you must be confusing it with the "new" Bmw hatchback that has stolen the Mini's great name, a big mistake to make as the two are not even in the same league, the Mini was designed well over 40 years ago as a cheep small car and is still going strong after proving itself in allmost every automotive arena, the "new" Mini however is a new car and duller than a SMARTCAR.
    The original Mini had no more than 100BHP in any of its production models inc the ERA Turbo! However lots of people in lots of places are running around in 100+Bhp Mini's. <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

If you want to be a player, drive a mini... its impossible not to get loads of pussay driving a mini. Throw some 20" arelli or lexani chromes on there, tint it out, and you got yourself a chick magnet.

For the record, my friends and I once tried to steal a mini by picking it up and putting it in the trunk of my audi... didn't quite work as planned.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

I love these cars. Both the old and the new ones. I would really love to get an old Cooper and put a new Cooper S drive train in it. I think that would be a great car. the added front weight would probably throw off the handling though... which makes it self-defeating. I sure it would be possible to overcome though.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

Why would you want to put a nasty new bmw engine in to a clasic Mini you fool, I know bmw make great engines but thats like removing your brain and replacing it with a computer!!! If you want a new engine leave it where it belongs, dont ruin a perfectly good Mini, if you change the engine you lose all of the superb handling, keep it A-series and it'll all be ok!! You can go as far as a 6 speed gearbox and 16v head without needing to contaminate the poor thing! <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

they're great littl cars. i dont see y ppl r bitching and complaining. these things have more hp than most Saturns, Daewoos, Hyundais, and many other BIGGER cars. 165 is great. i think my MPV has that!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FrankGrimes</i>
    <b>I definantly agree. I would love to own or even just drive one of these. I'm tired of hearing people ***** about how small they are or bitching about the hp. 165 hp in such a small car is great in my opinion , and around the slalom it performs right up there with Porsche's and other supercars(atleast according to Road and Track). I'd definantly try to buy one if I wasn't 6'4.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

..if you like this, why do you hate the Honda Civic?<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

Which has rally credibility? Which had not changed for how many years, and was still being sold?
    The Mini is just a classic icon of small cars, it is powerful for its size, handled awesomely, and is still competitive with cars today!
    Can you say that about a '70s Civic?
    Besides, I personally like the Mini's looks, and dislike Civics. It is also the fact that Civic's seem to draw in the idiot crowd. You know, bookshelf wings, cut springs, and other stupid things.
    Have I made my point?<!-- Signature -->

14. The mini,cooper and cooper 'S' , one of the most popular , famouse and fun to drive cars in the worl , reply to me with your views on this amazing car

15. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

I definantly agree. I would love to own or even just drive one of these. I'm tired of hearing people ***** about how small they are or bitching about the hp. 165 hp in such a small car is great in my opinion , and around the slalom it performs right up there with Porsche's and other supercars(atleast according to Road and Track). I'd definantly try to buy one if I wasn't 6'4.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

gr8 gr8 r8 car.powerful for it's size and can be parked anywhere.
    my friend has one,and one day we the parkin line was full so we carried the car.(we were 5 guys and one of us is a pumped up body building freak)so we carried it and put it on the pavement.and don't ask how we were able to fit inside because it was not a nice thing to look at,and the poor car almost cracked.and i tell u we didn't get busted because in my country there's no law no police no nothing.

17. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

where can i get one i have a old 65 kadett with no moter i want a mini its the bomb

18. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

They are not even BMW motors, but Chrysler motors! The engines are the weak point in the new Mini.

19. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

Hahaha! Look at the Supercars.net picture! There's a guy talking to some chick! That's so funny!

20. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

why do we hate the honda civic u ask becaus eit doesnt weigh 1300 pounds and turn on a dime a quite simple theory really

21. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

Ha, that would be something to see wouldn't it? A MINI rollin' with some 20 inch Lexanis? I'd like to see that...

As for the stealing the MINI idea...that's actually hilarious, although small as the MINI is, I doubt it would fit in the trunk of an Audi...

22. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

This is the car that started my love of automobiles. I love the Mini more than any other car, whether it is this Austin, a Morris minor, or the new cooper with a (not to much for me)CVT automatic.

23. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

I agree. The mini ruled and will always rule.

24. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

Dude, i dont agree at all, this suck MAJOR BALLZ like all old Minis.

25. Re: WHO AGREES THAT THE MINI

The mini,cooper and cooper 'S' , one of the most popular , famouse and fun to drive cars in the worl , reply to me with your views on this amazing car

My mates mum has a mini Italian Job which has been restored and was a 1275cc and has been bored out to 1400cc now, when i got in it i thought this cars too small, my knees were touching the steering wheel LOL but when i drove it i thought this car is awesome and quite quick too and they sound good coz of the over head valve engine and cornering there is no car more manouvarable than this. Now im buyin one very soon as well as my mate.