Who called that a car??!!

Discussion in '2007 Rinspeed eXasis Concept' started by rockerbra, Feb 3, 2007.

1. It looks more like a... thing. But i liked it.

2. The dictionary.

Car: kaa(r) Noun
    4-wheeled motor vehicle; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine.

3. did you put those pics in or were you V3'd?

4. I think Frank Rinderknecht is the Frank Zappa of the auto world. As Zappa's music makes you ask 'is this music?', Rinspeed's creations inspire similar questions about vehicles. I'd consider this one of Rinspeed's more conventional offerings, believe it or not. It takes quite an eye to appreciate the whimsy and madness that go into his projects, but I think I do. The world was just crying out for a 4X4 911 truck, a collapsible/expandable Mercedes, and a transparent roadster. Rinspeed delivered them all.

5. I should probably clarify- the eXasis is only conventional as compared to an Ariel Atom or a Lotus 340R or the like. Not in comparison to Rinspeed's tuner cars. It's very weird in that context.

6. This car is typical for rinspeed. When you look at the cars they produced in the last 5 years, you will find a lot of such extravagant cars!
    Rinspeed rules!!!

7. i wouldnt want people being able to look into my car...and no room for 12's...

8. i wouldnt want people being able to look into my car...and no room for 12's...