who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

Discussion in '2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06' started by hondalover, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

OK FFAttack, I'm going to try to type this in a way that your feeble brain can understand. When I said there was no clutch I meant that there was no clutch that had to be manually operated. Everyone knows there are all types of clutches in transmissions (even though I'm sure the guy shifted manually he still didn't use a clutch pedal). With me so far? OK, now, the guy I quoted said that we probably couldn't do 0-60 in 1.9 sec like the guys from Motortrend did when they were testing the car. The car he was reffering to was an AUTOMATIC....can we say it together people.....AUTOMATIC. Very good. Now, the point that Lingenfelter modifies Vettes with an automatic or manual transmission has no bearing on this argument because the car he was referring to was an AUTOMATIC. Bearing isn't too large a word for you is it?

2. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

Um most of Motortrends drivers are former or current race car drivers, be it NASCAR or CART or whatever

3. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

Who cares what price class the corvette is in? It still ranks up there with the Ferrari Modena and other expensive cars. It has a 3.9 0-60. Now that sounds like supercar territory to me. Just because it doesn't have a 10,000 dollar cow over theseat doesnt mean that it cannot compete with the more expensive cars. Why does everybody say the corvette is one of the fastest car for under 50,000. Who cares how much its costs. The only place the corvette lacks is in te top speed, but that can be changed rather easily. I am just angered as to all the people who call it the best value, how about calling it one of the best cars. And american muscle rules. HOw about 11.56 stock from a 1970 LS6 454. Not even a McLaren f1 can touch that (11.6). anyway, the mclarn is the most overrated car ever.

There, ponder that!

4. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

this vette, the lingenfelter, is quite fast. BUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT....
    SVSi is coming out with a 1700 bhp viper. soon, this this will be flying at the salt flats goin' 300mph.

5. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

You are so $#@%&* stupid shut the $#%#@* up!!!!! I hate it when these stupid 1st grade kids come in these fourms and post all this &$%#%$@# and say all this $#%&*@ that isnt true!!!!!!!!!! You dont know anything about cars I would be extremely suprised if YOU EVEN KNEW WHAT A CAR IS!!!!!! Just SHUT UP!!!! I highly doubt you have ever even drove a Lamborghini, Ferrari, McLaren, Bugatti, Mazerati, or Porsche.

THE Z06 IS THE BEST IN CLASS IT EVEN BEAT A MERCEDES THAT WAS $5,000 MORE AND ALSO BEAT A PORSCHE AND IF YOU HAVE ANY MONEY, I ALSO HIGHLY DOUBT, THAN YOU WOULD HAVE BOUGHT THE MOTOR TREND MAG A FEW MOUNTHS AGO AND SEEN HOW GOOD THE Z06 IS!!!!

Stop posting crap and GO TO THE NEARSET HOLE YOU CAN FIND AND CRAWL INTO IT AND STAY THERE AND JUST DIE!!!!!

6. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

What kind of car do you own?

7. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

Finaly someone that knows something!

8. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

YES THATS WHAT IM TALKIN' BOUT

9. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

Its called a Mclaren F1 just about all handmade and one of the fastest cars in the world ive seen it being made thats one of the reasons why only like 100 are made a year.

10. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

lingfelter all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

you can't find a car which offer the same performance price ratio than the z06 lingenfleter stage 2 vette.

12. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

That's smog-legal in Texas, here in CA it wouldn't pass smog. And just to be fair, those stats were obtained using road-legal slicks.

13. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

excatly f1lm, but problem is that no one can beat the lingenfelter for the price.

14. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

No, It BEATS cars 2-3 times its price range!

15. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

I am aware of this, I was just stating that the stats Motor Trend printed were obtained by using slicks. I would like to see stats from regular performance tires.

16. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

This guy is my hero!

17. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

A kid who's joking around is your hero?

18. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

do you think befor ya write a post? i don't think so

19. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

They were street legal. Granted the were cheater slicks (barely street legal tires), but they were street legal. I would say that qualifies as peformance tires. There is no way you could stick 8 or 900 HP to the ground with regualar tires. Decent starts would be nearly impossible.

20. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

I know they were legal, but how many people do you know who use them to drive around town on? I'm talking about tires that you can get from the local Les Schwab without having to order them or pay a large sum of money for (as far as tires go).

21. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

The 0-60 would probably have been in the low 3's. I doubt you can get much better than that on tires that aren't built for that kind of HP.

22. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

Thats RIGHT!

23. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

If you look at the times for 800TT, which was tested on both street tires and cheater slicks, you'd see that 0-60 was improved by .78 second and the quarter mile was improved by .71 second.

On regular street tires, the 427TT could probably do a 0-60 in the high 2's even. (Keep in mind the 3.2-second 0-60 done by the 800TT was done during the initial shakedown runs. With more time to practice, they probably could have gotten slightly quicker times, though not as quick as with the cheater slicks. A 3.0-3.1 could be in the cards.)

Street legal autocross-spec tires would probably be somewhere in between, and yes, you can drive these on the streets everyday with no problems.

24. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

svsiviper u need to shut yo mouth i dont think those piece a crap cars u like with fart cannons onthe back can beat a 2002 lingenfelter vette 7.0Ltt v-8 802hp 1.8 0-60 9.2 1/4 mile u need to keep yo mouth shut those things are kick @$$ jet creamers

25. Re: who can beat the new 02 lingfelter vette Z06?????

Bwuuhahahaha the motortrend staff really cant compare to car and driver