who cares about honda's just talk about awesome cars

Discussion in '1999 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra' started by camaroking396, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: who cares about honda's just talk about awesome cars

Hondas are slowest cars unless u put freakin s--t load of money into the engine or chassis then you got i chance. When you see a Honda civic beat a 2002 vette or mustang the honda is moded and the vette or mustang STOCK modify the vette or mustang and the honda is chipmonk in the middle of the street ready for road kill.
    Vettes and Mustangs F--kin tight.

2. Re: who cares about honda's just talk about awesome cars

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ractive</i>
    <b>Hondas are slowest cars unless u put freakin s--t load of money into the engine or chassis then you got i chance. When you see a Honda civic beat a 2002 vette or mustang the honda is moded and the vette or mustang STOCK modify the vette or mustang and the honda is chipmonk in the middle of the street ready for road kill.
    Vettes and Mustangs F--kin tight. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->That's like saying a Ford Focus beating a Honda NSX, becuz the Focus is modded. Why do people keep comparing economy cars with sports cars?<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: who cares about honda's just talk about awesome cars

True story. I was out one night with my brither and we desided to go to the cruising strip for a bit to meet with someone. As cruising by there plenty of little races which were kind of fun to look at. So I get a red light and a Rustang pulls up to my Prelude. It looked like a 94, so I'm thinking, this guy is and idiot. Maybee he thinks I'm driving a civic or something. So he starts staring at me and I knew he wanted to race. So I reved a little bit, to let him know and I guess the dumd ass forgot he was driving a ford and started reving his poor excuse for an engine. It sounded like he was reving past 3 grand which is probably the redline is on a rustang, and told my brother to watch the rustang. And then BOOM. smoke starts coming from under the rustangs hood. It was the funniest shit i've ever seen. I wish I had a camera there. I wish he whould have not done that some I could show another idiotic rustang owner what his car was really about. #$%#ing punks

4. Re: who cares about honda's just talk about awesome cars

hey dumb ass no body believes your story, because most good mustangs can beat your prelude, they are not that fast. second why compare a sedan or econo car to a sport car, it doesn't make sense.

5. Re: I'm gonna buy one :D

HaHaHa. I like how you think you are so pimp in your Prelude. Mustangs do suck, but you gotta give credit to the Ford-*****, at least his car doesent sound like my dust-vac. I'm not a Ford guy, but this time, i give credit to the Ford-lovers.

6. Re: who cares about honda's just talk about awesome cars

why bring up a 94 MUSTANG in a 99 Mustang Cobra Forum...and what does this guy is and idiot mean??? you think that your prelude is all that diff from a civic...same drivetrain layout...still a 4 cylinder..just diff displacement....as for a poor excuse for an engine...my v8 has a 6800 rpm redline and makes 320 horsepower...your 2.2 makes what....200?? what about torque??? oh and i got to race a 98 prelude with nitrous the other day....how embarassing it must have been for the guy...cause u could tell he really thought he had something there...honestly do u really think that adding your precious "cold air intake" cat back exhaust and a 75 shot of NITROUS not nos...which brings up a question...isnt nos actually N.O.S. as in nitrous oxide systems??? anyways you have too much power too make up for....as for the race...well lets just say he knows what the back of my car looks like

7. Re: who cares about honda's just talk about awesome cars

While we're on the subject, I once took down an Acura NSX on Rte 84... And that's one of Honda's sportiest products, right?

American muscle beats all your Hondas' asses.

8. Re: who cares about honda's just talk about awesome cars

erm, cobras are awesome, i'm not a stang lover, but these so sooo good in many different evil mischevious ways! i want a 02' Cobra, i've raced against a 99' and a 02', with my lil modified 88' camaro w/ a 400 sb with 305 head and 1500 hundred bucks in the engine..435 ft.pounds of torque and 405 hp...i won 100 bucks in a race against a 99', but....2 weeks later i lined up at a red light with a 02' and he yelled "red light to red light" so i thought of shit...i need my slicks against this boy, cuz i haven't got the $$$ for traction stuff yet so he whipped me off the line and got me past the red light by almost half a car length....sad yes, we was at 153 mph...i want to putt bout anoth 5 grand in it and try it again...but i think i did good with a car that is only worth 2500 $ caompared to 35 grand hyperformance car...

9. Re:

Hondas are great cars. Period.

10. Re: Re:

ya. well whoever said that it takes more money to make a honda fast needs to take a look around. straight up i respect all cars , yes even fords. the cobra is a work of art. but. when iyt comes to moding a car it would not be my first choice. for example: i bought my 89 HONDA CRX hf, for less than $2,000. i put $300 into suspension, $400 on better wheels and tires,then i bought an integra engine with an SI tranny for $500 . try buying a ford engine and tranny with 30k miles for that price. anyway. to make this short i have less than $5000 into, including the car itself, and i can take a GT no sweat. people that tune hondas generally arent out to be the fastest on the road, just out to prove a point. and yes i can have half your power and torque and beat you. it is and will always be about Power/wieght ratios....itsa been that way ever since people have been racing.

a 1800lb car with 200hp will always beat a 3400lb car with 300hp.its that simple.

but believe me if some one gave me a Cobra i would drive the crap out of it. im just not going to pay thAt price tag on a car thats not that impressive.

but dont just chalk me up as another "hondas rock domestic's blow" member here. my last vehicle was a blown 88 dodge dakota that would proly take just about any car in here lol. ive just decided to figure out this little import craze and so far it makes sense.