Whoa. where'd that V12 come from

Discussion in '1993 Ferrari F333 SP' started by RalphCM, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Man i could imagine the scream of that V12. It musta been some form of an F1 engine.. Why didn't they put that in the Enzo?

2. Re: Whoa. where'd that V12 come from

The engine was directly derived from Ferrari's Formula 1 V10's. A wonderful high-pitched howl.....almost like a REALLY LOUD and pissed off mosquito! Nothing else sounds quite like it (except for the Dallera/Judd V10 and a few Lola prototypes).

3. Re: Whoa. where'd that V12 come from

The engine was directly derived from Ferrari's 1990 V12 F1 engine (not V10).

4. Re: Whoa. where'd that V12 come from

All Ferrari's have great engines...

5. Re: Whoa. where'd that V12 come from

Cause if they put this in the Enzo the Enzo would be slower. Maybe you dont know this but the Enzo has 30 more horsepower and like 300 more torque.

6. Re: Whoa. where'd that V12 come from

Cause if they put this in the Enzo the Enzo would be slower. Maybe you dont know this but the Enzo has 30 more horsepower and like 300 more torque

7. Re: Whoa. where'd that V12 come from

The neat thing is that it went from the 1990 F1 car right into the 333SP, then straight into the F50. All three cars use the engine block as a fully stressed chassis member, bolted directly to a carbon fibre monocoque. I know the F50 has a cast-iron block. Does anyone know if the 333SP has the same?

8. Re: Whoa. where'd that V12 come from

surely they left the pneumatic valves in the car. how r they getting it to rev up to 11000 and to last longer than 500km?

9. Re: Whoa. where'd that V12 come from

Having heard this car race at Lime Rock Park racetrack in July '04, I can say that I was a few feet from its exhaust when it was started. The pushed it out onto the pavement before starting it and was not expecting it at all. A push of a button and blip of a throttle later, I literally jumped as it revved quickly to near its redline. Simply incredible. The 333 was nearly lapping the 355s and 360s within a few laps. Yes, I said it was racing against street and Challenge cars. Yes, I know that's unfair.