Whoa...

Discussion in '2000 Peugeot 607 Feline Concept' started by Grizz2K4, Aug 10, 2002.

1. This is just Nice!<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: Whoa...

It's a pretty nice car the styling seems taken from the BMW Z series.
    But for such a "supercar" it needs more power. 210 simply isnt enough. And out of a 3.0 they should be able to squeeze out 250hp.

3. Re: Whoa...

The power made by this engine isn't anything special, but Peugeot never make anything with huge amounts of power. If this thing handles as well as other Peugeots and with that sort of Power to weight ratio it should move along quite nicely.

4. Re: Whoa...

very true , Peugeot just put their stock V6 engine.

5. Re: Whoa...

there is no need for more power, not for a car of this weight ...<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: Whoa...

875kg / 210hp ...hummmmmmmmmmmm!!!!
    a french Lotus Elise....but...BETTER ;oP

7. Re: Whoa...

As nice as this car looks.. I think it would take a while for its line to grow on me...

I think i still wanna get the Elise when i can afford one...

Does anyone know the price for the feline?

The Elise is at £22K in the uk...<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: Whoa...

It's certainly cute, I'll give it that much.

It should have more power though. Oh well, I guess that's what aftermarket tuners are for.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Whoa...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Paul UMN</i>
    <b>It's a pretty nice car the styling seems taken from the BMW Z series.
    But for such a "supercar" it needs more power. 210 simply isnt enough. And out of a 3.0 they should be able to squeeze out 250hp.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I disagree. Its much more stylish than the Z3. The Z3 does not have the buble cokpit or nearly a gracefull lines. And this 210 HP is more than most people can handle in a 1 ton car. This this will fly. Plus, Peugot can get a lot more out of a 3 litre 6, so a performance edition would be easy and not much more expensive. But again, its not needed. This has perfect weight distrabution according to the info. Plus the Z3 only runs about 190 hp, with nearly 2900 pounds. This thing rocks.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Whoa...

I agree, the power is perfectly acceptable for a standard version of this car at this weight. For those that like to live risky or like to buy new tires often, tune the engine.<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: Whoa...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fizzbitt</i>
    <b>As nice as this car looks.. I think it would take a while for its line to grow on me...

I think i still wanna get the Elise when i can afford one...

Does anyone know the price for the feline?

The Elise is at £22K in the uk...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The feline will never be for sale , such as the RCs...What a shame !!

12. Re: Whoa...

ok guys
    remember this car is a concept only.

I wonder if the V6 engine is the same that Peugeot puts on its 607 Sedan (which sounds logical considering this car uses that same plattform.

The looks are slightly cartoon-ish, the glass bubble-for a roof is a neat idea that recalls futuristic concepts of the mid 50's.

The RC concept cars have an obvious visual conection to this car, I wonder if peugeot may actually be considering building a car to go against thge Lotus Elise /Opel Speedster.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Whoa...

Yeah, it's the same V6 that they put in the 406 and 607. And I think 5.9 sec may be a bit pessimistic.

14. Re: Whoa...

I'm really impresed at how Peugeot manageed to keep the weight so low, especially with those massive wheels. The roof/canopy/"bubble" must be made out of a composite plastic or something, because I think glass would be too heavy.

15. Re: Whoa...

The Feline is a very hi-tech car.

It's made of many carbon parts to lower the weight.

This is the reason why the weight is very reasonable.

16. Re: Whoa...

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Fump</i>
    <b>there is no need for more power, not for a car of this weight ...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->power is never enough.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: Whoa...

It has some really cool styling.

18. Re: Whoa...

sorry but i just dont like this car.

21. this car sucks.

/thread.

22. this car sucks.

/thread.

23. this car sucks.

/thread.

24. this car sucks.

/thread.