wHY! A SUPRA WITH 1200 HP IS FASTER AND CHEAPER!

Discussion in '2006 Maserati MC12 Corse' started by Fluchtwagen, May 26, 2006.

1. z06 vs mc12 corse

The ZO6 is a great American Supercar. However, it does NOT compare to certain cars out there, like THIS, the McLaren F1, the FXX, LP640, Enzo, CCX, CCR, F40 LM, F50 GT, blah blah blah. What does it take for some people to understand that? Compare the ZO6 to its American counterparts, like the SRT-10 Viper and the Ford GT.

2. z06 vs mc12 corse

lol but i still want to see the 1/4 mile times

3. z06 vs mc12 corse

4. z06 vs mc12 corse

5. z06 vs mc12 corse

6. z06 vs mc12 corse

7. z06 vs mc12 corse

8. z06 vs mc12 corse

i still want to see the 1/4 times because the mc12 more powerful and faster on the straight

9. z06 vs mc12 corse

style, class and being able to actually make a turn, or a plastic car. Take your pick.

10. z06 vs mc12 corse

lol but i still want to see the 1/4 mile times for both cars

11. I've gota strange feeling of Deja vu in this conversation ("This vs z06" thread), once again they'll have similar accelaration but the Maserati will corner better, theres a reason it got multiple podiums in last years touring car championship thing...
    Back on topic... you could have a pair of 5000hp roller skates that will have a better strait line speed than the Maserati aswell =P

12. z06 vs mc12 corse

this would rape a z06, say around the nordschliefe at the nurburgring.

13. Yes a 1200 Supra could (in a straight line) win. But the Maserati has a higher top end, better down force, better suspension and frankly, designed for one purpose..... Racing. I would lay down my life savings that the Masterati could easily take the worlds best Supra on a track and beat it. Any track. Power ain't shit when the only thing is the engine.

14. z06 vs mc12 corse

This Maserati would whoop the Corvette.

15. That is a disturbingly cool avatar.

16. That is a disturbingly cool avatar.

17. z06 vs mc12 corse

R u dumb? theyd both get whooped by the venom1000. n i heard hennesys got a faster 1 comin! watch out bugati!

18. Well, #$%#. How much does an old Formula 3 car go for these days? Or for that money I'm sure you could buy a relatively new Minardi F1 car which might even be faster than this thing, assuming that Minardi hasn't just parked them all under a bridge somewhere for homeless people to sleep in. But I don't think that trackday speed is really the point of this denatured MC12. It's the exclusivity that will sell the thing. Personally though, I would go for a 1,500hp Fiat Panda every time.

19. ^^ with enough money left over to buy auto insurance.

20. Let's settle this right now. This is a comprehensive list of all the machines that can "kick this thing's ass:"

The venerable 1,500hp Panda
    A sleigh pulled by a real Panda (unbeatable presence)
    A Firebird WS-6 with a dubious aftermarket supercharger (stupid #$%#ing cars...)
    A 2,200hp Supra (sure, why the #$%# not?)
    That stupid Lingenfeldttedd-dfer Corvette
    Any other GM-V8'd death trap (Mosler, Ultima, Etc.)
    Three 75hp Vespas lashed to a deck chair
    A tuned Skyline GT-R (15,000bhp easily achieved without internal mods.)
    A twin-Hayabusa engined trundle bed
    David Couthard lying prone on a skateboard atop a hill

Finally, and seriously, an actual race car. How much do old touring cars go for these days? How about a Formula 3 or Formula Ford car? Minardi often just throws their old cars out into the breezeway behind their "headquarters" for the homeless to sleep in, why not pick one of them up? We're talking about quite a #$%#ing hunk of money here anyway, so why not shoot for a late-90's F1 chassis with something like a reliable engine stuffed inside. Hell, you could probably whip something up with a turbocharged Hayabusa engine and a Formula Ford chassis that would have a greater power-to-weight ratio than this denatured MC-12. Personally though, the 1,500hp panda would be perfect.

21. ZOMG TEH HORNETS NEST

22. I'd rather buy the Maserati. It looks better and I'd bet a lot it handles way better. I'd certainly respect the driver of the Maserati more. Italian exotics always command respect, whereas tuned Japanese sports cars don't do so nearly as much.

23. This is a classic dumb ass discussion. Good work, glad to see this discussion it's getting the attention it deserves

24. This is a classic dumb ass discussion. Good work, glad to see this discussion it's getting the attention it deserves

25. This is a classic dumb ass discussion. Good work, glad to see this discussion it's getting the attention it deserves