why are there not any specs like power and times, displacement u

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R' started by y4udum, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Ill tell ya all, Mazda did right by making the Wankle motor, and they have sexy designs to boot, too...<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: why are there not any specs like power and times, displaceme

how is a wankle engine different from a normal engine

3. Re: why are there not any specs like power and times, displaceme

because this car is being kept secret, until it is sold and marketed. Supposedly this car is making close to 325 hp, but is labeled with the mandatory 276 hp Japanese limit. But many Japanese manu's lie about the power so they can sell it. My two cents.....

4. Re: why are there not any specs like power and times, displaceme

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Abhinav2002</i>
    <b>how is a wankle engine different from a normal engine</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

A German by the name of Wankle came up with the design for the rotary engine, its got essentially one piston per 3 cylenders, one is firing while the 2nd is in its exhaust phase and the 3dr is in intake. its an amazing design, and they can wrap extremly tight because there is little vertical chage in direction, unlike a standard piston engine. there is only one problem with the rotary engine, though, and its that seals go out really quick on them.<!-- Signature -->