why can't the C5 do this?

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by locoako786, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maranelloboy</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Streetfighter22</i>
    <b>yeah whats his prob? ive never even heard of him and hes talkin like hes king shit

"My other rides your girlfriend"</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I have a problem with idiots, Wakka Wu being one of them for his incredible display of ignorance when it comes to talking about cars. You've never heard of me cause you're new here, and I am the king shit in this forum. I'd love to meet anyone who knew as much about this car as I do, but Vette1 is the only one so far.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->you'd better have to choke on and not to insult wakkawu

2. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 426 Hemistage 8</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maranelloboy</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Streetfighter22</i>
    <b>yeah whats his prob? ive never even heard of him and hes talkin like hes king shit

"My other rides your girlfriend"</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I have a problem with idiots, Wakka Wu being one of them for his incredible display of ignorance when it comes to talking about cars. You've never heard of me cause you're new here, and I am the king shit in this forum. I'd love to meet anyone who knew as much about this car as I do, but Vette1 is the only one so far.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->you'd better have to choke on and not to insult wakkawu</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Wakka Wu deserves insulting, as do you half of the time. I can't believe you're not banned yet for all of the spam you've done all over the place. Everyone's getting sick of your short, meaningless posts. Now don't tell me that I'm taking from the forums when half of what you say is "how true".<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

Hey maranelloboy...

Watch out eh, remmber he's a member of the Hells Angles, LOL!!!

And remmber he's stopped using the ever so popular phrase as "How True", now he's got quotes like "ummm very interesting" and "that was a good remark", plus now he's split his account and talks to himself.

4. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

hey maranelloboy....what kind of car do you have??? A Geo Metro????

5. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vette1</i>
    <b>Hey maranelloboy...

Watch out eh, remmber he's a member of the Hells Angles, LOL!!!

And remmber he's stopped using the ever so popular phrase as "How True", now he's got quotes like "ummm very interesting" and "that was a good remark", plus now he's split his account and talks to himself.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah, I've noticed that since I've been coming back to the indies. Dan needs to get rid of one of those accounts. Dan chopped his account cause his s/n was too long and a ton of people were complaining about it throwing off the page layout. Bigblock didn't like the part of the name he got stuck with, made a new account, then had Dan switch the post counts on the two. But it looks like Bigblock still likes to use both because the n00bs won't realise it's one person they're arguing with.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from delsolstreetracerkid25</i>
    <b>hey maranelloboy....what kind of car do you have??? A Geo Metro????</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Pretty clever one there, a Geo Metro, yeah right. What does what I drive have to do with anything? Do you think that the nicer the car you drive is, the more you know about cars? I used to drive a '78 Chevy Malibu wagon with a 350 Corvette engine in it. I don't know what year of Vette the engine was from, my dad could tell you. I got rid of it cause it was just gonna become a money pit. I want to fix all the rusted sheet metal, the interior, put bucket seats in it. I got rid of it when I realised that my bank account would go bye bye if I kept it.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

let's go back to the subject please. a c5 can't do that because it can't be tuned at this one but this is my personal opinion!

8. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

I would twin turbo charge a C5 then put 6 nitrous packets in the intercooler to cool the turbo so the engine can have more power. More coolant equals higher topspeed because the engine can acclerate longer before it overheats.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

you are right pat but i think that the new 02 lingenfelter can have the same performances as the sledge.

10. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

To the uneducated car enthusiast, it's as simple as that. In reality, it's far more complex. This car wasn't priced as high as it is for a massive profit. It's that expensive because the mods were extremely expensive.

11. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

First The C5 was geared for track racing(geared for Acceleration. And second you ferrari loved get out of here you #$%# those things cost more than most peoples lifetime income. I don't know how you got one, That's alot of dicks to be sucked.

12. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

in ways it can be easier than u think too, cuz with the viper, and its size of engine and all its not hard to pull sum power, for example like the venom800, that tranny and like most of the engine was stock, the main thing done to it was the twin turbo and its got over 800horses, theres like 95% stock with it

13. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

and another thing, why does everyone keep braggin on about the new lingenfelter vette?, its disqualified in the standards, lingenfelter cheated by dropping in a different larger engine, its not running its first engine, like the rest of these cars, if its ever put on this site then any car should count.

14. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

well i don't think so dodge dude.

15. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

maybe lingenfelter used an old 427 engine that can be possible too.

16. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

I find you very knowledgable in the automotive world. That last line put me ROFL. Although, if we filtered the world's gene pool, then technology and intelligence would sky rocket and we would have computers to flip our hamburgers AND make them look just like the ones on tv.

17. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

Interesting concept, but I don't think it will work. You see, nitrous isn't a coolant, but a fuel. And your idea of how intercoolers for turbos is wrong, as well. For the answer to this, you would have had to stay awake in chemistry class. Because I'm not completely sure how much psi boost an average turbo offers, I'll just throw out the figure of 10 psi. So you hook up your turbo and set it to a 10 psi boost. It draws in air from outside (let's say 75 degree air temperature), and pumps it into the engine. The computer chip on your car reads that there's too much O2 in the engine which it can't stop, so it feeds it more liquid fuel (most commonly petroleum based gasoline). More fuel means higher combustion. Higher combustion means more power. Then you put your intercooler on because one of your friends told you it helps, somehow. Now what it does is cools down the air, drawn in from outside (remember 75 degrees?), and cools it down before entering the engine. It still gives you 10 psi boost, so why do it? Because this is where the chemistry comes in. At higher temperatures, molecules are more active, bouncing off of eachother, spreading them out. Even though you're getting 10 psi boost without the intercooler, that doesn't mean you're getting tons of extra O2 in the engine. When the air goes through the intercooler and is cooled off, it settles. It's like shaking a box of packing peanuts so they all settle; even though your box doesn't change size and the packing peanuts don't change size, you can fit more in. And like I said before, more O2 requires more fuel, in turn producing higher combustion, etc.

18. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

You're mostly talking about displacement. With bigger displacement, you can burn more fuel each time a cylinder fires, giving you higher power. That's also its downfall. Since your engine is bigger, it's forced to burn lots of fuel.

19. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

i prefer to have a big v8 than a crappy v12

20. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

Actually, nitrous is both a fuel and a coolant. I read an article about a Lingenfelter car that used nitrous through an intercooler to cool the pressurized air being fed into the motor on a top speed run at the salt flats.

"In racing, nitrous is injected into the air intake to increase power. It does this in two ways. First, there is 1 oxygen atom per molecule of gas (compared to 0.4 for regular air). Second, when the liquid in the tank vaporizes, it comes out very cold. The effect of both of these is that you can cram a lot more oxygen into your cylinders. Since fuel (gasoline, at least) takes up far less space, you can easily increase the amount. Having increased the quantities of both fuel and air, you have increased the pressure on the power stroke."

21. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

where have ya read that?

22. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

yup, that's exactly what nitrous does. actually, that's basically what all hp-increasing devices (nitrous, superchargers, turbos) do; cram more oxygen into the cylinders to burn with the fuel and literally make a bigger bang.

23. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

That's exactly what I want to know. In the time that I've been a car enthusiast and learning everything I can about them, I have never heard that. I'm sure with the extent of fields I've searched for information, I would have ran across it at least a few times.

24. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

that is #$%#in enragin' not to find proofs.

25. Re: why can't the C5 do this?

After searching for upwards of three total hours, I've come up with nothing that says anything about using Nitrous as a coolant substitute. Now I know when what I'm looking for is just eluding me, and when it's BS that I'm looking for, and this is definitely BS.