Why did people in the 70's pick the ugliest damn colors?

Discussion in '1974 Lamborghini Bravo Concept' started by F U C K, Nov 6, 2002.

1. This is a little off the subject of the Lambo but I'd really love to know. It wasn't just restricted to cars either. Look at just about any kitchen back in the 70's; every appliance came in lovely shades of puke green or piss yellow, even phones! Carpets looked like mud, and the the cars matched! I think cars should at least be painted in good-looking colors that won't hurt the eyes to look at.

2. Re: Why did people in the 70's pick the ugliest damn colors?

thats a good question what is up with the ugly stock colours on average sedans and trucks in the 70

the medium shaded brown and green colours i will never understand,

maybe they hide the dirt well or something

3. Re: Why did people in the 70's pick the ugliest damn colors?

ya they used to pick brown and yellow and all that shit

4. Re: Why did people in the 70's pick the ugliest damn colors?

Because they looked good back then. It was the hip thing.

5. Re: Why did people in the 70's pick the ugliest damn colors?

lol, gotta love that puke yellow shag carpeting too! (not!) probably the ugliest color for a Lambo but an even wilder design, too! lol

6. Re: Why did people in the 70's pick the ugliest damn colors?

maybe they just didnt have very good paint back then, or good paint wus just to expensive to buy.
    not to sure about the household items though.

7. Re:

heh.that reminds me of a dream i had.in my dream i saw these sega paddles and the color were ugly yellow and red it was made out of wood i think.but a i did see a ugly shelf that was yellow.and yes yellow can be damn ugly even on some of the new cars or lets say some of the 90,s cars too.not only yellow is ugly but you got too see the green color on some of the car they make the car look horrible which explains why people always say these cars are ugly.in my opinion i say don,t judge a car or a concept by the way it looks but judge it by the color.what i,m trying to say is if the concept possibly went into the production and you get
    a car that has a color you don,t like but that is the only one then respray it.though it is possible that you can change things on the car .
    for example: remove the wing off of the truck(there is a concept truck that has this)or the whole body or doors ETC.so yeah the paint wasn,t that shiny or good then.

8. Re: Why did people in the 70's pick the ugliest damn colors?

You know they weren't very smart+ it's a piece o' sh!t