Why did Renault make a mid engine hatch back?

Discussion in '2001 Renault Clio Sport V6' started by Road Racer, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Why did Renault make a mid engine hatch back? The whole point of a hatch back so you can through cargo in the back, or carry people in the back without making the car any longer than normal. But you can't really do that with this because it's a mid engine car.

2. Re: Why did Renault make a mid engine hatch back?

It's that old chestnut, isn't it; why do people bother climbing Mount Everest? Because they can.

Why is VW/Bugatti going to do something so irrelevant, like build a car capable of 250mph? Because they can.

3. Re: Why did Renault make a mid engine hatch back?

I think that it is to remenber the Renault 5 Turbo.

4. Re: Why did Renault make a mid engine hatch back?

I think it would be so that it's still a Clio. If they çhange it to a coupe shape, they wouldn't have make up a new model. The would of made it Mid-Engined to make it a bit sportier I surpose, and to handle better.

5. Re: Why did Renault make a mid engine hatch back?

only reason the car even exists is because Renault needed to homologate it to race it. The Clio V6 is essentially a slightly de-tuned version of the same car raced in the Clio Cup. another car the yanks missed out on.

6. Re: Why did Renault make a mid engine hatch back?

Too bad, it sounds like it would be fun.

Love your dancing picture.

7. for the same reason that porsches have engines in the back...greater speed when you turn. accelerating in a curve accentuate grip of the car when turning , but you have to delerate more before turning than with a front engine, and NEVER release accelerator in a curve...or you'll be sick while making 360°...

8. it's a hot hatch.
    like the alfa 147 gta, mini cooper s JC, honda civic, the late ford focus rs. then again they are all fr0nt engined rear wheel drive.
    i like it. it is different.
    it shows other clio owners that you have £20,000 more.
    but i see that it can be seen as pointless.

9. i like it. it is different.
    it shows other clio owners that you are richer.
    and why notmake it?

10. The only thing I don't like about this car is it hearkens back to all these kiddies
    w/ their b18 civics.

Everything else about the car rocks. I hate hatchbacks.