why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one car

Discussion in '1999 Lamborghini Diablo GT' started by tha topp dogg, Aug 10, 2002.

1. why are ferrari bringin out an F60 that only does 205 on the clock, they should push it to 250 at least

2. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

you're a goose. I suppose you're talking about the corvette callaway sledgehammer which did 410km/h. Well, that was a one off car. if you whacked the boost from 7 psi on an 800TT henessey to about 20psi you would get over 250mph. But who's going to use that speed anyway?
    it's as useless as tits on a bull.

3. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

the McLaren is the fastest roadgoing car ever-no questions asked. But who is ever going to use that kind of speed? Unless you're driving a mcLaren in the LeMans, it's totally pointless. that's why no cars really go that fast-you're average bob crackhead will never get it going fast. It is easily possible to beat the McLaren, it's just that no one wants to waste the money on speed that no one will ever use.

4. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

the corvette is tuned and fullcharged,how about tuning a mclaren.god knows where it will go.

5. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

The McLaren F1 is the fastest PRODUCTION CAR, not the fastest street-legal car. There's a difference...<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

It's not the fastest any more. The new Buggati's are faster. So there. Everyone compares cars to the Mclaren because they're the only car that people know and they're really expensive and exclusive.

7. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from car_go_fast</i>
    <b>It's not the fastest any more. The new Buggati's are faster. So there. Everyone compares cars to the Mclaren because they're the only car that people know and they're really expensive and exclusive.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -- not that i dont think the new bugatti and f60 have a chance at breaking the mclarens record, its just it hasnt been done yet, and if it has the public doesnt know about it yet. we cant call them better cars until we see full test reports and numbers. anyways about that vette, wow big deal, that car is beyond a road car when u tune it to that extent, i really find it very difficult to appreciate tuned cars, especialy when your comparing them to a road car. i mean extend the mlcaren the same curtousy of a twin turbo etc, and then what will you get. well as an example, thats look at the mercedes clk-gtr, does 0-60 in the exact same time the mclaren f1 does, however it only topped out at 190mph. now, after lotec used the mercedes 600hp v12 in their concept car, by twin turbo charging it, and now the sirus produces 1334hp and 958lbs-ft of torque, 222hp/litre and 1042hp/tonne, now the car does 250mph. now i am sure its not as simple as saying setup a twin turbo on the mlcarens engine, and simply adding the mlcarens additional 27hp then what the benz had to the 1334 totalling 1451hp, but i think you get the idea...<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

you can not say that you can not say corvette did beat mclarean
    and if you want to compare them , both cars should be standard with no modification , you can modify a HONDA CIVIC that can beat the hell out of the corvette . <!-- Signature -->

9. #9 thewratih, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

Stock vs. stock?? Thats bullshit. Its all about winning. You don't even own a GT yet act like some 16 year old kid. If a Civic is street legal and beat a Lambo on a road course, that particular Civic IS better than the Lambo....unless of course, you are more interested in www.showcaritsaboutthematerialsthatmakeupthecarnothowfastitis.net

10. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from The359</i>
    <b>The McLaren F1 is the fastest PRODUCTION CAR, not the fastest street-legal car. There's a difference...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Amen!<!-- Signature -->

11. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

People compare everything to the Mclaren cause the Mclaren is the Best, simply said.<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

Perhaps as a road car, but you must remember there are specialities like the WRX and rally...a place where the F1 stands no chance.

13. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Tickford5400</i>
    <b>you're a goose. I suppose you're talking about the corvette callaway sledgehammer which did 410km/h. Well, that was a one off car. if you whacked the boost from 7 psi on an 800TT henessey to about 20psi you would get over 250mph. But who's going to use that speed anyway?
    it's as useless as tits on a bull.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Right

14. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from car_go_fast</i>
    <b>It's not the fastest any more. The new Buggati's are faster. So there. Everyone compares cars to the Mclaren because they're the only car that people know and they're really expensive and exclusive.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    the mclaren is the fastest production car , the buggati's aren't in production its a concept and the production car probably wont be as fast<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

who ever said that a corvette could beat a mclaren is a huge retard, i dont see any car in the world going 0-100 in 5 seconds flat. do u? its the fastest car in the world!

16. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

WHAT THE **** DOES A CORVETTE SLEDGEHAMMER BEATING A MCLAUREN F1 HAVE TO DO WITH A LAMBORGHINI DIABLO?

GO TO A MCLAUREN FORUM IF U WANNA TALK ABOUT IT.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ViperGTSR</i>
    <b>the McLaren is the fastest roadgoing car ever-no questions asked. But who is ever going to use that kind of speed? Unless you're driving a mcLaren in the LeMans, it's totally pointless. that's why no cars really go that fast-you're average bob crackhead will never get it going fast. It is easily possible to beat the McLaren, it's just that no one wants to waste the money on speed that no one will ever use.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->well, with that thinking, why the hell are you here?? where is anyone goin to go 205 miles per hour, but not 234 mph..what were you thinking..have you ever seen i sign that has a 205 MPH speed limit?? nobodies goin to go over 150 if they obey the law....again; why are you here?<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: why do people compare everything to a mclaren, when only one

Man, comparing a McLaren against everything is as bad as dickhead import lovers saying that the R34 can beat nearly every car on this site!I always see a R34 Skyline GTR vs. * at nearly EVERY American car forum!The only reasonable cars to ever come from Japan would be a NSX, RX-7, EVO 6, WRX, Some supras or a Silvia, nearly all of the others are boring shitboxes, or you just see too much of them all the time everywhere everytime!Back to the car this forum is on, this Diablo is sick, i would much rather cruise around in this then a shit house McLaren F1(i say Shit-house because it's just yet ANOTHER supercar)not that we have enoug of those things around :p :(<!-- Signature -->