Why is everyone putting down this car?? Its BEAUTIFUL!

Discussion in '2002 Morgan Aero 8' started by FeLiX93, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: Why is everyone putting down this car?? Its BEAUTIFUL!

yeah, gorgeous retro desin. they didnt ruin the car that morgon used to make. it would look good in black and metalic blue/ royal blue too!

2. Re: Why is everyone putting down this car?? Its BEAUTIFUL!

i would love one of these in a dark brown colour, i'd also take the headlights out and replace them with one from a 30's or something jag, damn that would make it look brilliant

3. Re: Why is everyone putting down this car?? Its BEAUTIFUL!

I LOVE this car, but to wanna own one, I'd have to soupe it up with a SBR-G50 Turbo (adds up to 400 bhp!), some heavy suspension, a sports clutch, a flywheel, a Tubi exhast, and a GREAT ventilation system (not shit). The only reason for the cooling/vent system is that without it, the engine would burn out on the first run... I'd also want some Lexani Attack rims!

4. Re: Why is everyone putting down this car?? Its BEAUTIFUL!

ive been in one... the ash frame keeps weight down and remains surprisngly stiff. this is a brilliant design by morgan while still staying true to their traditional manufacturing methods.

also, you ride a scooter. be a man and get a proper bike.

5. Re: Why is everyone putting down this car?? Its BEAUTIFUL!

I agree totally. But I can think of a better way to spend $100,000.

6. Re: Why is everyone putting down this car?? Its BEAUTIFUL!

hey you have an 1100cc car? i take it you're young and live in england then... i'll race you on my aprilia RS with less than an eighth of the capacity!

how could you find out the stats for your car, is that from research or have you actually tried it? id like to test both my bike and my cooper, they are both modified, but theres nowhere near where i live to do this.

7. Re: Why is everyone putting down this car?? Its BEAUTIFUL!

It hit me, the people who dont like this car have no idea what the hell a morgan is, let alone ever seen one in person. I know a guy who bought his daughter a '66 (??, late 60's) morgan with 16000 miles on it. It is a beautiful piece of machinery and this car takes the lines of the old car and smooths them out, makes things a little more beefy where needed and fills in the rest with top of the line new technology. Whats not to love? This is a car that will definately find its way into my garage because to me it stands out in a crowd, even among the cars on this site.

my $.02

8. Re: Why is everyone putting down this car?? Its BEAUTIFUL!

YAH IT'S COOL. BUT IT'S DEFINATELY NOT THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER SEEN.

9. Re: Why is everyone putting down this car?? Its BEAUTIFUL!

This car is doubtlessly beautiful. Look at these pics of a dark blue one... And the interior it's lovely... and it's lightweight and it's said to be a preformer as well on the racetrack...

10. Re: Why is everyone putting down this car?? Its BEAUTIFUL!

According to the Morgan website the Aero 8 uses bonded aluminium honycombe chassis and an all aluminium construction. This represents a state of the art process for vehicle manufacture, considerably more advanced than the steel tube frames and fibreglass bodies that most low volume cars are made from.

The Plus 4 and 8 still use ash frames, interestingly wood is actually a pretty good material to make a frame out off with good weight to bending resistance ratios. Morgan has extensively crash tested the Plus 4 and 8 and found that they are structurally sound.

11. Re: Why is everyone putting down this car?? Its BEAUTIFUL!

I've been a fan of this car since the beginning, but until recently I hadn't seen it "in the metal".

I went to the Techno Classica in Essen (Germany), and suddenly, there it was. It wasn't even the standard version. It was one of the GT-N series, which was inspired by the Aero 8 racecars.

From that moment on, I was absolutely in love with this car. If someday I could order one, I'll take a two-tone gray with red leather seats!

12. Re: Why is everyone putting down this car?? Its BEAUTIFUL!

i agree, this car is great! its old style but new n so smooth the way theyvemade it. its a pure beautiful car!

13. Re: Why is everyone putting down this car?? Its BEAUTIFUL!

Frame allways made from wood so why stop? I think it's grate it is made from wood. Also the bugly eyes at the front is sposed to reduce drag.