Why is this car 23 mph faster than the Enzo?

Discussion in '2002 Koenigsegg CC 8S' started by kav, Nov 7, 2003.

1. The Enzo has more HP, and better acceleration.

2. Re: Why is this car 23 mph faster than the Enzo?

What, like 5hp difference?
    No offense, but why even ask such a question?
    I'm just curious. Do you REALLY not know why?
    To be honest, there's no reason to find out why here.
    If you REALLY don't know, and would like to know why,
    try going to the Enzo Forums to find out.
    ~Just trying to help.

3. Re: Why is this car 23 mph faster than the Enzo?

Its called downfore.

Actually this is faster than the Enzo in acceleration from what I'ce seen, not to mention better built and designed and everything else.

4. Re: Why is this car 23 mph faster than the Enzo?

It is actually called gearing. The Enzo has a sixth gear ratio of 0.711:1, while the Koenigsegg has a ratio of 0.76:1.

5. Re: Why is this car 23 mph faster than the Enzo?

im sorry to say but this car smokes the enzo in almost every way!!!!!i love this car its the best.

6. Re: Why is this car 23 mph faster than the Enzo?

gearing yes, but if remeber correctly the koenigsegg is also the most aerodynamic car built today. i think its drag coefficient is 0.30. im not sure about the enzo's numbers but expect it to be much higher, because of the downforce the enzo creates it sacrafices its aero's. which slows it down.

7. Re: Why is this car 23 mph faster than the Enzo?

Lilrock's not too smart.

8. Re: Why is this car 23 mph faster than the Enzo?

Indeed.

9. Re: Why is this car 23 mph faster than the Enzo?

this car is just flat up better. better down force, gear ratios, aerodynamics, and even safety.. check out the website if u want to see it.. it was also just put into the guinness book of world records for most powerful production car or something like that

10. Re: Why is this car 23 mph faster than the Enzo?

That's not nearly the best, but it is very good, while still providing a lot of downforce.

11. Re: Why is this car 23 mph faster than the Enzo?

It's very simple really
    The Koenigsegg CC is faster, because it makes more effective use of it's power then the enzo does. And, the enzo isn't that fast really. A bit about that later
    The Enzo weights roughly 3200 lbs, and has 650 hp, meaning that each of its horses has only about 5 lbs to carry, while, the CC on the other hand, has a curb weight of about 2600 lbs, and with 645 hp, each of its horses has about 4.25-4.5 lbs to carry. So that's one reason. And that's what we call the power to weight ratio.
    Even though the CC has 5 less horses, it has almost 100 more ft/lbs of torque, and it comes at a lower rpm then the Enzo's 485 ft/lbs, which means it can get all it's power to the ground sooner then the enzo. And we all know that it's torque that gets the wheels spinning, not horse power.
    One of the biggest factors is that the CC's engine is supercharged, but can still rev as high as the Enzos. And even thought the enzo has a V-12, there in lies the problem. The problem with v-12's that have less then half a liter per cylinder(6L or less), tend to suffocate them selves at higher rpms, mainly because the intake valve doesn't remain open long enough to suck in enough hair, so even though ferrari put a ram air system on it, that doesn't push in nearly enough air to get enough gas in to the cylinders when the valve is open. The CC's supercharger is one of the biggest reason why it's so fast, because when that engine is running as high as the Enzo's is, the supercharger can push in more air, keeping it breathing normally, when the enzo is left gasping for air.
    And just because the enzo has more horse power, doesn't make a lick of difference, unless you can get the gearing for it down, to opptimise it's power. The CC has a better gear ratio in 5th and 6th, meaning while the Enzo is reaching it's peak, the CC is still going strong.
    And, like I said at the begining, the Enzo isn't that fast when you think about. The V-8 powered Saleen S7, has less horse power, but is capable of of breaking the 225 mph mark. The Carerra GT has less power, giving up only 55 horses, but is only 1 mph slower, you'd expect it to be a lot slower wouldn't you.
    So it's not like just because you have 650 horses at your dispossal, doesn't mean your fast. Look at the others, and say that horse power is everything,you'll be every mistaken if you do.

12. Re: Why is this car 23 mph faster than the Enzo?

Follow up
    The Enzo doesn't have better acceleration actually. Car and Driver did a test on the Enzo, and got an amazing 3.3 seconds to 60, but that was with, as they admitted, with a slight down hill slope, but that is very insignificant. But the CC has a 0-60 time of 3.2 seconds.
    Like I sad before, the enzo isn't that fast, and the Saleen S7 also had a 0-60 time of 3.3 seconds, giving up 100 horses to the enzo, so try and explain that. HA.

13. how is this the most powerful production car?
    is power=horsepower or what?

14. My friend, no offense, but you just entirely contradicted yourself. A lower gear ratio is optimal speed and less torque, and hence the lower gear ratio (which you stated to be of the Enzo) is (would be) faster than a car with a higher one.
    As for "downforce," I claim that Drag-Coefficient is a better term. It describes more technically the motion of air over the car. Downforce is created by the curve over the back of the car, and the drag-coefficient is the quantitive measurement of the air which is displaced, and the negative affect it has on the motion of a car. Really, downforce is a simple term coined to express a concept, not to describe one.