Why isn't it RWD???

Discussion in '2001 Honda Integra Type R' started by integruh, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: Why isn't it RWD???

yeah, why would an integra be RWD...4WD if anything...but it's still a basic Honda.<!-- Signature -->

2. This car would kick ass if it was RWD. Except for the S2000 and the NSX, I can't think of any other RWD Honda/Acura.

RWD is where it's at unless it's AWD.

"Only drift through corners...Not life!"<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: Why isn't it RWD???

it would kick ass if it was FR...you could still drift with a FF...but you cant do certain kinds of techniques like choku doris or power over

Drifter's know this quote..."STAY SIDEWAYS"

4. Re: Why isn't it RWD???

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JDMraceR</i>
    <b>it would kick ass if it was FR...you could still drift with a FF...but you cant do certain kinds of techniques like choku doris or power over

Drifter's know this quote..."STAY SIDEWAYS"

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

From my experience...you cant drift with a FF. You can do power slide tho.

5. Re: Why isn't it RWD???

If drifting means breaking the back loose while keeping control of the front, it is indeed possible. I've done it myself on a freeway off ramp. Going way to fast and pressing the brakes really quickly. Kinda freaky but it was a drift.

6. Re: Why isn't it RWD???

i agree if it was rwd you could smoke it up very nicely and as for drifting rwd in an integra would kickass to

7. Re: Why isn't it RWD???

if they made this car RWD, it would be in a diff class, and it would kinda suck in that class, being only 4 cylinders, i dunno, that's what i think

8. Re: Why isn't it RWD???

It's not rear wheel drive because this car is catered to the import fad, and not catered to real world performance. It's the same reason it has a little 4 banger with just enough torque to drive my vacuum cleaner.

I will admit one thing though. Although I hate (and I mean hate) the whole Fast and Furious style on Hondas, the stock appearance of this car is OK. It has a low profile and kind of a racey look. Too bad it's bark is far worse than it's bite. <!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Why isn't it RWD???

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Garados</i>
    <b>If drifting means breaking the back loose while keeping control of the front, it is indeed possible. I've done it myself on a freeway off ramp. Going way to fast and pressing the brakes really quickly. Kinda freaky but it was a drift.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Drifting on Highway off-ramps? Damn you drive like a maniac.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Why isn't it RWD???

Yes offramps are crazy to drift on, but mountain roads in the middle of nowhere with noone around is better? If your on the freeway and you drift and (god-forbid) lose control at least someone could save your life. Its been my experience that you cant really drift a fwd car without the aide of an emergency brake, and even when the car starts to spin around you just release the e-brake and power out of the slide. Actually its quite fun in the snow and on ice, if your front tires provide enough grip to save you from the slide. Then again there is no better drifting then in a powerful rwd car/truck(also my experience) but an Ford lightning sliding around corners scares the shit most spectators.

11. Re: Why isn't it RWD???

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SeansVette</i>
    <b>It's not rear wheel drive because this car is catered to the import fad, and not catered to real world performance. It's the same reason it has a little 4 banger with just enough torque to drive my vacuum cleaner.

I will admit one thing though. Although I hate (and I mean hate) the whole Fast and Furious style on Hondas, the stock appearance of this car is OK. It has a low profile and kind of a racey look. Too bad it's bark is far worse than it's bite. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Import FWD Cars are not a Fad. FWD cars when tuned right, can have "Real World Performance" - Civic beating a Viper? You better believe it... it's on Video - look for it on Napster or whatever!<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Why isn't it RWD???

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Grizz2K4</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SeansVette</i>
    <b>It's not rear wheel drive because this car is catered to the import fad, and not catered to real world performance. It's the same reason it has a little 4 banger with just enough torque to drive my vacuum cleaner.

I will admit one thing though. Although I hate (and I mean hate) the whole Fast and Furious style on Hondas, the stock appearance of this car is OK. It has a low profile and kind of a racey look. Too bad it's bark is far worse than it's bite. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Import FWD Cars are not a Fad. FWD cars when tuned right, can have "Real World Performance" - Civic beating a Viper? You better believe it... it's on Video - look for it on Napster or whatever!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Camaros and mustangs beating Vipers are much more common tho. <!-- Signature -->

13. Re: Why isn't it RWD???

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SkylineMatt</i>
    <b>if they made this car RWD, it would be in a diff class, and it would kinda suck in that class, being only 4 cylinders, i dunno, that's what i think</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I second that!!

14. Re: Why isn't it RWD???

If it was RWD it would be Considerably Heavier, making it SUCK!

Driveshafts and what not? Then having to turn the engine the other way, and having to elongate the nose, thus making it even heavier - if you want RWD get an S2000, Supra, RX-7, 300ZX, 240SX, etc or just get an old 70's muscle car!

If you don't like FWD, don't make idiotic Posts about it, stay in the other Forums!<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: Why isn't it RWD???

RWD? Integra is one of if not THE best ahndling and fastest FWD around why ruin the reputation?<!-- Signature -->