Why not a folding hardtop?

Discussion in '2007 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Roadster' started by Jew Jew Rocket, May 9, 2007.

1. It's not easy.

2. I agree, it's on the smaller SLK, why not this.

3. If it was a hardtop will we be able to tell the difference between it and the coupe?

4. A soft top saves weight. And to some cars it fits better. And maybe Mercedes wants to separate this from the SLR coup´┐Ż more distinctively even when the roof is down.

5. I want this car, but more power thanks.!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. I agree with most of you guys, I beleive that Mercedes-Benz wants to seperate and give this car its own "attitude" as toward the coupe version. If it were a hardtop it would be similar to the coupe. I feel Mercedes-Benz is hoping that this version will make up for the lost of sales of the coupe. I like it alot!!! Looks better with her top off anyway!! lol!

7. The SLR blows.

8. Isn't it separated from the coupe when the top is down? Who wants to see an SLR with canvas? I've never liked soft tops. For me it dulls down the car. You get the overall beauty of a coupe combined with the roadster appeal and experience with the top down. Best of both worlds.

9. I agree. hardtop would be pretty sweet.

10. Go build your own car.

11. Go s*ck your own d*ck.

12. Hardtop would be nice, but I think this car is for the ladies.More like 'A Chicks Cars'.Anyway, I lOve it!

13. no one could tell the difference between the hardtop and convo. They probably want a distinctive difference.

14. no one could tell the difference between the hardtop and convo. They probably want a distinctive difference.

15. no one could tell the difference between the hardtop and convo. They probably want a distinctive difference.

16. weight reduction :p

17. who would buy the coupe if the convertible had a hard top? hardly anyone! they want to sell both cars.

18. dont care. its sweet

19. exactly

././.

././.
    ...///.././
    ././