why not throw this twin turbo on a new Z06?

Discussion in '1988 Callaway Sledgehammer Corvette' started by Str8Pipe, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Hell, if they can get an 88 this fast with a twin turbo they should do the same with the new Z06, sure would make it probly even more faster, maybe create a new top speed record?<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: why not throw this twin turbo on a new Z06?

Damn strait! I thought I was the only one wondering why they havent tried to make a C5 Sledgehammer. Dear God that would be insane.

3. Re: why not throw this twin turbo on a new Z06?

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DrFoo</i>
    <b>Damn strait! I thought I was the only one wondering why they havent tried to make a C5 Sledgehammer. Dear God that would be insane.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

My guess is that Reeves Callaway bores easily.

That, and there isn't an enormous market for high performance parts for the new small block.

Yet.

Hey, I'd like to see an LT-5 Sledgehammer. I think the potential is there.

4. Re: why not throw this twin turbo on a new Z06?

because they're ugly as heck. heh, try to "throw" one of them things into anything mind that.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: why not throw this twin turbo on a new Z06?

yeah they should make a z06 similar to this...i agree...i think id make a new record...but...i myself put a twin turbo in my 2001 z06 and in my 2002 z06 and the 2002 was like 30 mph faster...lol just joking...i wish i owned a z06..hehe...had ya's about to start yelling and calling me a liar didnt i ?!<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: why not throw this twin turbo on a new Z06?

It's not the fastest car, it's only a record breaking car.

7. Re: why not throw this twin turbo on a new Z06?

Well, there are some obvious reasons.
    Reeves Callaway doesn't work with modding the new C5 Vettes. Dunno why, would be a great idea, he only works with the C4 style.

I own a 1989 Vette, same as the 1988 internally, some exterior details different, and that engine is SIGNIFICANTLY less complex than the new Z06's engine. Sure that car would go fast as all get out with a twin turbo, but the z06's isn't built for that. The new Corvette z06 is already in a class by itself. As it stands, it's quite hard to drive on the street, it's more at home in the track.

8. Re: why not throw this twin turbo on a new Z06?

it is simpel Corvetts suck.

9. Re: why not throw this twin turbo on a new Z06?

hey rusty11 it's simple: you suck major cock

10. Re: why not throw this twin turbo on a new Z06?

Yeah, Callaway likes that ZR-1 way to much, I don't think the the 10hp advantage concerns him to much....is it the suspension package, more aerodynamic (As hard as it is to beleive GM would make it worse more that 12 years later)? I just don't get it.

11. Re: why not throw this twin turbo on a new Z06?

now that i think about i can't think of any turbo vette's that went on production.

12. Re: why not throw this twin turbo on a new Z06?

corvette suck my left nut especially this one<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: why not throw this twin turbo on a new Z06?

whats funny is the new F60 cost 1 million wont even come close to this LOL!