Why Religious People Are Scared of Atheists

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SupraMan, Dec 23, 2010.

1. lol

2. #$%# you

3. Best mugging ever.

4. The people getting angry at "Under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance might just be literary purists or poets. It totally dicks up the structure of the original poem.

5. It doesn't even make grammatical sense, etymologically. Since in the context of the Gettysburg Address, it meant 'God willing', in the sense that shit very well may have still hit the fan. Or its just really pessimistic about liberty and justice.

6. I'm not sure I see your point here. But okay.

7. atheist activists, like nanobots, aren't able to stop chipping away. I'll tell you what though, they stopped creationism in schools, then intelligent design, then warning stickers on biology books, then 'teach the controversy', then 'strengths and weaknesses'.

8. up until the punctuated equilibrium. some things you just can't swallow.

9. duh its because atheists have an extra morning a week to go to a gym so have bigger muscles

10. id rather be a penguin, to be honest with you. (emperor penguin to be specific).

11. That's why I mentioned creationism earlier. There is definitely a place for atheist to do a lot of good, but they like to #%[email protected] about every religious statement or publicly displayed symbol no matter how minor or historically significant. Really makes them out to be just as intolerant of other's beliefs then religious fanatics.

12. so now you're saying all atheists are whining #%[email protected]?

you keep switching between "atheists" and "fanatical atheists".

when you say shit like "There is definitely a place for atheist to do a lot of good, but they like to #%[email protected] about every religious statement or publicly displayed symbol no matter how minor or historically significant. Really makes them out to be just as intolerant of other's beliefs then religious fanatics." seems like you think they are all the same.

so yeah, Christians are a bunch of whining #%[email protected] Its just the name of a holiday. get over it. they really need to stfu

see i did what you did.

13. christmas means more about turkey and presents these days than it does about baby jesus

14. don't act surprised when everyone generalizes. that's how all this shit starts in the first place.

15. We've been made to be used to being generalized.

16. and you probably generalize shit too. everyone does, many to very irrational levels.

17. We hear all the time " we're all equal " "we're all the same" Emancipation anyone? So yeah isn't that generalizing from the top? What does the "(re)public" mean ey?
    We're all being generalized, no wonder we do it at each other.