Why the heck would you want one???????????????

Discussion in '1981 DeLorean DMC-12' started by Gamer55, Oct 27, 2002.

1. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

I love it when import racers slow down to see a real car go by them

2. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

why arent you in the delorean club?

3. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

I dont know been away for a week little behind.

4. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

why would you pay to make a crappy car faster when you could buy a stylish car that can go fast like a viper or even an S2000 hey a Mini Cooper is cool then again it is always cool.But anything compared to this ugly car anything looks cool a and hey a 6,700 pound HUMMER H1,H2 and the concept H3 can out run this car and if you don't HUMMERS don't visit my garage.

5. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

You really are stupid arent you. Ok I like Vipers too but they use the same stuff as a stratus. S2000 peace of crap has what 140 ft lb of torque damn thats some power. And you say EVEN a Mini Cooper is cool compared to this well you really hit it there the Mini is a damn good car and can out handle a viper and a s2000.

And the H2 why bother a boxy peace of crap. H1 was good but the H2 is a joke.

6. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

niether hummer h1 or h2 can out run this moron. this has more a second faster 0-60. plus the hummer handles the slalom at 50mph, even a 1981 celica can out handle a hummer.

7. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

this car was in the movie "Back to the Future".

8. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

Try a second quicker; it is a little off for handeling but celicas are sport cars they are meant to handle better than a HUMMER. I didn't exactly mean ugly but I mean the only thing special about it is the gull wing doors. The delorean looks faster than it is.

9. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

thats enough for me. the 1981 sports cars(including the 911)are actually out handled by trucks like the Harley D F-150, lightning and silverado SS.

as for the dummy in the post before, know shit its from BTTF. see what i mean? but atleast he doesnt make RUDE comments.

10. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

Thanks

11. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

no problem.

12. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

I never new it was that tall or wanted I might just have to buy one. Sorry about dissin this car.

13. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

Well you are right about the S2000 and the mini is cool but I don't want to get into a Viper talk. they can out handle a mini and they are really fast.

14. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

Vipers are a nice car yes but a mini will slaughter it on a slalom.

15. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

the mini s and s2000 can out-handle previous vipers, but the new viper has improved handling that barely out does the s2000.

mini s and s2000 can out handle a vette.

16. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

Not the tuned Vipers or the SRT-10 it is the new Viper and they worked out the problems in understeer. It grips better than most Corvettes. And the mini is easier to control in a slalom but will not beat the Vipers time.

17. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

I do have to agree with Viperman666. He is right about the slamon. A guy up the street from me owns a viper srt-10. It is one of the best handling cars ive ridden in. The mini is handles pretty awesome too (I know my sister owns one) and it is hard to compare the two.

18. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

Tuned Mini would rape it

19. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

theres something about the word "Viper" in a name that makes these people shits. now go drop yourself off the sears tower and say you "invented" gravity.

"The Viper Is The Best Man". does that mean the viper is going to where a tux and be the guy standing next to the groom at a wedding? pretty f---in' stupid name.

20. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

yup.

21. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

True. It's also a collectors item, a masterpiece, and a work of art.

22. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

exactly... why do u think i want a Supra? not cuz of some lame ass movie, but for the car is a rare spectacle, the fact that the engine can have a lil under a grand put into it and yet the hp will soar.

the DeLorean, true fans wont buy it for a movie, but the same fact that it is one of the most rarest, most exotic cars out there. the stainless steel body, the gullwing doors. the car purely stands out on itz own. jus the fact that if u own one, u have a rare precious stone.

the moronic kids here who say that this car is too slow, too dated, well itz pretty simple to say. those kids do not, and i repeat, do not know how to appreciate an automobile. hell, they should not belong here.

23. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

after technology advances, everything gets faster. remember when the wrx was fast with a5.6 second 0-60? or the vette with 5.0 flat? now its dropping, and the handling is getting better. the delorean had the same thing happen. it was fast, but the world advanced. the C5 vette was fast, but now a lancer evolution can beat it all around.

24. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

Exactly look at most cars of the 80s most had 4 cylinders. I read somewhere that the Delorean was ranked in the top 5 cars of the 80s.

25. Re: Why the heck would you want one???????????????

right. the oil shortage in the mid 70's crawled into the 80's. economy sucked, and the cars had small engines and cheap everything. it was all about money. the mustle cars were selling at like $500 because no one wanted them. the people smart enough to buy them now have a great mustle car worth $10k-40k.