Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline com

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by Analogic, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline comming out?

I read on a site the next skyline will have a modified version of the same 3.5 litre engine, matted to a new CVT gearbox with simulated 8 speed paddle shift.

For those that do not yet know about the CVT transmission, it's the new type of tranny that doesnt use a clutch. Instead it uses 2 sort of cone shaped peices to seemlessly accelerate with no pause of shifting. Infinite gear ratios! It's ANALOG! Quite LOGICAL, in fact maybe one could say, ANALOGICAL!
    Anyhow you can switch over to "MANUAL" wich allows 8 preset simulated gear ratios. This can be useful when gearing down for a corner, then once the corner hits you could throw it back into Analog mode and accelerate faster than you could shifting manualy.

That alone makes it a rival to the cars mentioned above.

2. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

That sounds sweet! I think ive heard of that before, its apparently used in mopeds.
    As for the question, i would still want this most.

3. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

i would still take the 16/4 simply because of the speed. it looks great and the skylines won't be available here, i guarantee it.

4. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

I would take this cool Bugatti cuz of the speed and the horses!!

5. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

6. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

i wouldnt put the Skyline next to a Lambo but i'd take the murcielago (black)

7. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

I think I'd rather have the Veyron. The Murcielago would be my second pick. Now, Skylines are pretty cool, but I don't think the Skyline is in the same league as the Veyron.

8. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

i would take the cars in the following order:
    1. Veyron, fastest 0-60 and most horses make it #1
    2. Mercielago, its the closest thing to the veyron
    3. Cien, just because its a concept and no one would have one
    4. Skyline, dont get me wrong, i love skylines, but i dont think that it would compare to cars above. you could make it as fast as the other three, yet that means alot of aftermarket products. and so to say, the skyline stock wouldn't be too far behind, yet it wouldnt get ahead of those 3 supercars....
    im only 16
    im only driving a 240sx SE-R

9. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

Cien is closer to the Veyron than the Murcielago.

10. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

ok i think thats going a bit far with the new skyline.
    most sources 99% sure its going to have a 3.5 litre twin turbo direct injection V6 making 400hp. Which should be a interesting blend of amazing economy from direct injection, LEV rating and power.

that puts it in corvette eating class and it'll be the fastest official factory japanese car ever. then bare in mind the existing skyline already breaks and holds track records wherever it goes.
    Even so, while you could modify it to be as fast as any of the cars you mentioned in standard form it is NOT and its in the wrong class.

11. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

I don't think so, only because it has the 8 speed CVT gear box plus it's a TWIN TURBO AWD car and the Skyline is Japans most renownd SUPERCAR.

If your on the street and you own the buggatti and a dude in a 2004 8 speed CVT Skyline pulls up to you, that is the closest compatition youll have. Probably ever!

12. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

I would definitly take this over the other cars.

13. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

I would definitly take this over the other cars.

14. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

1.bugatti 16/4 veyron
    2.cadillac cien [just cant have too many lux cars]
    3.murcielago
    3NOT the skyline

15. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

I'd take the Skyline, Sorry, I'm just biased

16. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

No transmission can make up for the skyline weighing 36xx lbs and lacking 600hp to the Veyron. Only cars that could compete on the straight is the Dauer and the F50 Gt (which isn't street legal or production). Around a track there are many cars that would be faster than the Veyron though.

17. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

that is sweet but i would still want bugatti all you people who like the new bugatti are the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

Murcielago no doubt,I don't like that stupid grill on the front of the Veyron,makes it look like a luxocruiser instead of the top speed monster it's trying to be.And Skyline isn't even in the same league.lol

19. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

For me, that is a stupid question, of course Bugatti

20. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

Well you guys do know the Murci and Skyline shouldnt even be in this comparo.

21. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

exactly, 2 very very very fast cars, or the 16/4 Veyron.

22. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

precisley!

23. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

hehehe, i'm in the clan now

24. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

good for you son!

25. Re: Wich one rather have? Cien, Murcilago, this, the new skyline

it was actually first used in Audi's.