will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Discussion in '1997 Lotus Elise GT1' started by tha topp dogg, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

since you people can't make up your mind, everyone compares them because everyone knows what the 800TT is.

2. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

How the #$%# is the 800tt better?Is it because it tuned up the ass,and it used cheater slicks to get that claimed 2.4sec 0-60 is that why it's better huh?And since when do you compare a tuned car with a stock one,I mean you could tune a Lamborghini too dipstick,and
    do you really think the 800tt would have a snowball's chance in Hell
    against a tuned Lambo Diablo,and i'm not just talking about drag strip either,but a "reaL" race you know where you actualy have to turn the wheel.
    And yes the Lambo has a v12,but it's only a 6.0L(last diablo)compared with the vipers 8.0L ever thought about that,obviously not

3. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Do you honestly think the 800tt would stand a chance against this
    car in race trim,on a real race track with turns,not a drag strip?
    I would bet all my money on the Lotus,heh.

4. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

I would bet all my money on the Lotus too!lol
    Besides I don't like vipers,so I would pay just to watch it get embarassed on a "real"race track with turns against this beauty.lol

5. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Guess what? The 800TT is NOT a race car. And I think we already agreed that it is an unfair comparison because of the fact that the 800TT is a tuned Viper and the GT1 is a race car. But the Team Oreca GTS/R would definitely be a good opponent for this beauty.

6. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Team Oreca(viper) GTS/R versus Lotus(Elise)GT1,I would love to see that race,though I would still be going for the Lotus.

note:As you can tell by my 'Avatar',I'm kinda biased,lol

7. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Well that's fair. At least you didn't just flat out trash the Viper like so many others on this site.

8. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Oh yeah, even though my avatar makes me look biased, I a fan of all cars. Viper is just my favorite.

9. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

I never said it would because I knew it wouldn't. But as for a dragstrip it would. And if you didn't know, the Rocket Sled Viper will have 1700HP.

10. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

Just to say that the 0-60 times of less than 2.8 seconds all have to be with slick tires on. The current world record holder for a road car with more than 1 example sold is held by the Tiger T100 highest spec model with around 2.7 secs. Also Hennesey have been accused by many of the buyers of it's 650R and 800TT that the cars performance is nothing like what is claimed and some journo in the UK set some times with the 800TT without slicks and it was around 3.1 secs and then with full slicks and it was around 2.5 secs. A 300Bhp Vauxhall motorsport Vectra BTCC from 1999 can hit 60 in less than 3 second as can a 300Bhp 206 WRC which is actually road legal along with all other WRC cars.
    I'm not saying the Vipers are bad cars cos I do like them, I'm just pionting out that claimed times are often exagerated.

11. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

people have to remember that just because the engine puts out 800 hp doesn't mean thats the actuall power gettin to the tires. besides its a viper if u get a 800tt u will most likely beat anything u will see in the U.S. at a track or drag stripe so it doesn't matter.

12. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

True. I hate Vipers. My buds and I call 'em EarthWorms. It's the same problem with the ZO6...

13. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

The Viper is a cool car in my book but there are cars out there that would smoke this 800TT. I like this car because I think it looks good and 800 horsepower is pretty sweet. I know it isn't the best car and yes people don't need to compare it to every other car that comes along so don't keep doing it. What i wanna know is why the lotus doesn't have alot more hp? I mean a racer should at least have 500 hp.

14. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

BULL SHIT. Fun isn't a straight line, as a wise man once told me, and I embrace handling, because speed is nothing without control. The Elise GT1 is one of the most poised and focused track cars of it's time. It has awesome control and razor-sharp handling, and it's extremely quick, too. You must be proud. Your 8.0l, truck engined, twin turbocharged kit car can beat a a 3.5l Twin turbo V8. Keep in mind that the elise is also set up for track driving, and that is where it dominates. I really don't believe the Viper went 0-100kph in 2.2.

15. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

as, do i...and I think that teh zo6 is also over compared too...?(if that makes any sense...)

16. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

I hate Vipers , The problem with them is that people think that if a car has 8 litres and 900+ bhp then it is a good car ... The viper handles like a dog it is heavy as hell as well.

Vipers can kiss my ass (when im speeding away from them in a lotus gt1)

17. Re: will every1 stop comparin every car with a viper 800

I really don't care what you believe. But when I read official stats, from official sites, then I can believe what I read because it is indeed official. Be biased if you wish, but the time was achieved. If it makes you feel any better, the time was made on drag slicks.