will Ferrari beat lambo now with F60.....and few questions

Discussion in '2002 Lamborghini Murciélago' started by mirage314, Aug 9, 2002.

1. the last time lamboghini came out with supercar in 1995-96(Diablo SV) it was beaten by a very small margin by FerrariF 50 and this time it seemes F 60 will doit again. anyay please let me know if what is
    'nitrous' ? what is the octane number of petrol used in U.S.A.? whats the diiff between supercharger and a turbocharger. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: will Ferrari beat lambo now with F60

I'm a Ferrari fan so I think the F60 will come out on top. Ferrari always has. But it is too early to tell. I guess we'll have to wait for some hard facts on the F60. Nitrous is slang for NOS or Nitrous Oxide System, basically its Nitrogen and oxygen mixed together in a pressurized tank. When the driver hits a button it is injected into the cylinders and causeing a larger more pwerful explosion which increses the RPM and you get like almost double the horsepower. I'm pretty sure that's right. I don't believe in NOS, I think it is like cheating. LOL (I'm a big block, supercharger, twin turbo guy). The gas here in the states is 98 for premium. That's all I really know. I think the mid grade is 96.

~MK

3. Re: will Ferrari beat lambo now with F60

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MGK28727</i>
    <b>I'm a Ferrari fan so I think the F60 will come out on top. Ferrari always has. But it is too early to tell. I guess we'll have to wait for some hard facts on the F60. Nitrous is slang for NOS or Nitrous Oxide System, basically its Nitrogen and oxygen mixed together in a pressurized tank. When the driver hits a button it is injected into the cylinders and causeing a larger more pwerful explosion which increses the RPM and you get like almost double the horsepower. I'm pretty sure that's right. I don't believe in NOS, I think it is like cheating. LOL (I'm a big block, supercharger, twin turbo guy). The gas here in the states is 98 for premium. That's all I really know. I think the mid grade is 96.

~MK</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

HEy thanx for the info man.<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: will Ferrari beat lambo now with F60

i love ferrari too... but i prefer lambo!

60's : GTO vs Miura => miura has the first mid-engine
    70's : 365GT4 vs Espada => Espada:What a 2+2 ...
    80's : Testarrossa vs Countach => No comment.
    90's : F40 vs Diablo => i love F40... but have u ever been in a diablo? ;-)
    2000's : i don't like F50 and i hope that F60 will be THE car of this decenny... but Murcielago is here now... sorry m8 !

5. Re: will Ferrari beat lambo now with F60

One thing that impressed me is how fast the F60 is going to change gears with the sequential tranny: 0.08 seconds

6. Re: will Ferrari beat lambo now with F60

bah a real racecar needs a clutch it shifts way faster with the f1 but i need something under my foot btw a i tested my shift times with a 3 plate clutch in a 911 carerra 4 it is aproximatly .38 seconds probably add .2 seconds for each plate you take off the clutch.

7. Re: will Ferrari beat lambo now with F60

.08??? hmm did some research and they say there f1 system does .2on the 360s ferrari also had no official release on any performanc specs on their car, ecept over 600hp over 320kph and under 4.0second 0-100km/h