won't go fast

Discussion in '2002 GM Autonomy Concept' started by sweet13, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- Signature -->

2. Re: won't go fast

retard<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: won't go fast

lol, lol look at me i say shit like "wont go fast especially when i dont know #$%#in dick all about this car"

4. Re: won't go fast

remember it only a concept car!!!
    but if gm make it i am sure it's going to be fast!!
    maybe a the next vx220 (opel speedster)

5. Re: won't go fast

does anybody know about the new concept cars that you can change the body. and it also runs on fuel cells.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: won't go fast

i kno gm is comin out wit a 2004 corvette 560 hp hehehe kick ass to all the vipers in the world

7. Re: won't go fast

And what the heck does a viper have to do with this?

Damn don't you guys see?
    This car is set for 18 years in the future!

Fuel cells will advance a hell lot and maybe even kick some Lamborghini's ass (not saying a production car like this will, though)<!-- Signature -->

8. Re: won't go fast

it is not suposed to

9. Re: won't go fast

in 2010 they expect to relase models that go to around 120 mph, now they have it almost going 100, thats fast enouph for the average person if you ask me

10. Re: won't go fast

This is not an electric car for god's sake. It surely would be fast enough for the average driver.

11. Re: won't go fast

That's not nearly fast enough for me.

12. Re: won't go fast

if you think about it, fuel cells have been around for a very short time, but if they got them going to 100 in this short of a time, think about 20 or 30 years from now with 300 mph cars, and it could get even faster beyond that (or they'll even something like nitrogen fuel cell or something......)

13. Re: won't go fast

Fuel cell simply generates electricity by simple reaction(nitrogen fuel cell is silly =p):

2H2 + O2 => 2H2O

Each fuel cell only produces 1.23 volts. Something with higher standard reduction potentials would work better (more volts), but then why not just use a gas engine. The beauty of the fuel cell is that only hydrogen and oxygen is used and clean water is produced + 1.23 volts.

The only problem with why there arent fast cars with fuel cells is because many many many individual fuel cells are required to make a large powerful fuel cell. A powerful fuel cell is currently very heavy, and pricy =o