Worthy of the GTO Badge?

Discussion in '2008 Vandenbrink 599 GTO' started by ging, May 27, 2007.

1. unless it goes into series racing and this is a homologation model, i think it isn't.

nice looking car though

2. This car is the dogs bollcks

3. What about the 0-62mph?

4. some very intelligent resposnse i have here. now i remember why i left the indies

5. teh lulz..

6. No way, it doesn't even have a 455 super duty big block!

7. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

the gto is the best ferrari badge there is.

this is no way fast enough or powerful enough.

looks preety cool though, retro comes to mind.

8. This is a tough call for me to make, seeing that I consider the 1962 250 GTO to be one of Ferrari's best in every aspect. I think it's a solid attempt at sort of modernizing the older version, but I do think that certain parts of it could be toned down a bit. The wheels, for instance, could be about an inch smaller in diameter and the sidewalls a bit taller, unless of course the wheel/tire combo is more for function than form. I think the front end is a little wild. The shape of the center opening affirms the modern style enough, so the side openings seem a little superfluous, tleast stylistically. In my opinion, they could knock the two side openings in the bumper off and it'd clean up the front of the car nicely. Again, if the side openings serve some serious function (which, from the looks of it, they don't seem to) then by all means, keep them there. The last thing would be ditching that logo in the front grille. Even Pininfarina isn't so brazen as to mark up the front of one of their designs with their name.

Mechanically, I can't complain, although if Ferrari were to put the same or similar body style into production, I'd hope they'd develop a specific chassis for it, just so it didn't feel like they were getting lazy and repackaging the same thing.

On the whole, I think the exterior is just a tad too pretentious to wear a GTO badge (the original wasn't really about being flashy), but since Ferrari didn't dub it a GTO, I guess it really doesn't matter. Vandenbrink can call it whatever they want.