Would this car be popular if

Discussion in '1981 DeLorean DMC-12' started by Viper Man666, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Back to the future didn't exist because movies and shows are a great way to advertise cars.Audi tt-About a Boy CSI miami Hummer H2 Bruce Almighty- Saleen S7 they all made people want the car in the movie.

2. Re: Would this car be popular if

People would just be even more confused

3. Re: Would this car be popular if

1967 Shelby GT-500_____________Gone In Sixty Seconds

4. Re: Would this car be popular if

1999 Porsche 911(996) Cabriolet____________The Kid

5. Re: Would this car be popular if

not to mention the Toyota Supra in those lame ass movies F&F and 2F2F

6. Re: Would this car be popular if

2f2f was much better than the first one though

7. Re: Would this car be popular if

2f2f has computer graghics(CG) that look like gran tourismo. im just sayin that in the commercials it looks fake.

8. Re: Would this car be popular if

lol thatz so true, the trailers for that movie show the cars turn into CGs. such a cheap ass film. the cars werent even modded right or in good condition either. makes me sad...

9. Re: Would this car be popular if

and that poor S2000! a totally pink car like that? AND A WOMAN DRIVER! sadder. in the first one, they actually drove that shit, now its fake CG! hell! G-I-60secs had nick cage actually driving elanor, all but the jump, even that was more real!

10. Re: Would this car be popular if

the jump was a little bit longer than he really would have went. He would have also smashed the ambulance.

11. Re: Would this car be popular if

ya um.... isnt this supposed to be about deloreans and not the fast and the furious

12. Re: Would this car be popular if

welcome to sc.net, where topics go off topics in a small # of posts.

13. Re: Would this car be popular if

youd think theyd use the money from the last movie to go into it.

14. Re: Would this car be popular if

itz really jus a lame ass film. they cannot get anythin right in the movie. remember that one scene in the first one when that Paul Walker guy brings in the wreaked Supra and they all start laughin at it? then when they pop the hood, they're suprised to see a 2JZ engine. gee, they're surprised to see a Supra engine in a Supra. were they expectin to see a i-4 v-tech or sumthin?

15. Re: Would this car be popular if

lol

its a stupid story line anyway. the cops let paul walker go even when here let vin diesel go? hell no! arrest him! let bubba rape him when he drops the soap. how is there a second movie?

16. Re: Would this car be popular if

Its just a movie for the young kids that are just starting to learn about cars.

17. Re: Would this car be popular if

what a dumb idea.

18. Re: Would this car be popular if

i jus hope they arent goin to make a 3rd one...

19. Re: Would this car be popular if

All the cars you guys posted were popular before they were in movies. For example, when John DeLorean got arrested on cocaine charges, sales of the DMC-12 went through the roof, then it was in Back To The Future. Supras were already an estabalished street racer in Japan and parts of North America, and the Saleen S7 had great media attention, and was a great Le Mans contender before Bruce Almighty. And the Shelby G.T.500/E was a huge success when it was racing at tracks before it came out in the 2001 version of Gone In 60 Seconds.

20. Re: Would this car be popular if

But doesnt the E stand for eleanor? It was the GT500, now Shelby make copy cars from the movie.

21. Re: Would this car be popular if

Dont get me wrong I love the GT500E. In my view its the best looking musle car ever. But the one thing I dont like is that they use old 67 fastbacks. They should build and all new car instead decrease the number of stock 67 out there.

22. Re: Would this car be popular if

they are beauties, and yes they may be my favorite too, but i think they should just make a molding of all the panels and do it that way instead of what you say theyre doing. thats like taking all ds and making BTTF models out of them. it pisses me off they did it with as many as they have.

23. Re: Would this car be popular if

Also means part of the car is still 26 years old

24. Re: Would this car be popular if

yup.think about the problem driving that. no rear view at all, no intrior space, wieght dist and performance altered, and the mileage must go way down.

25. Re: Would this car be popular if

well it wouldn't matter too much. I went to a car show recently and 3/7 fastbacks had a cheap gt-350 sticker on the side. what was funny was that my son said to one of the owners, you know thats a mustang fastback
    for a seven year old he knows quite a few cars