wouldn't you rather a MX5 SP turbo?

Discussion in '1934 MG P-Type Midget' started by slinkywizard, Aug 10, 2002.

1. i'm sure this is a half decent little car & the new front looks alright too, but for that much dosh an MX5 SP [a factory turbo version developed in Australia through Mazda by the same man responsible for the Porsche beating RX7 SP's] would eat it for breakfast as far as performance, refinement and classic chassis dynamics go.

how does 150kw & 280Nm pushing 1110kgs sound? 0-60mph in 6.2sec, 1/4 mile in 14.3sec.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: wouldn't you rather a MX5 SP turbo?

I'd rather have a nice big slice of carrot cake! mmmmmm...good.
    This isn't really a bad car...although an underpowered one. With it being less than 2500lbs, if they could get the horses up to around 200, it'd be a contender. as is though, i'll spend my money on something proven...a bugatti EB110. only my opinion, and I know these cars aren't in the same class...but who the hell cares anyway? eventually there will be someone comparing this to the new Veyron.

Drive it like it's Yellow.

3. Re: wouldn't you rather a MX5 SP turbo?

A mazda? a frickin mazda? jesus where were you born? The mx5 is shit. As well as the sp. They have exhaust pipes like toothpaste tubes. I'd buy an MG F over any mazda, even if it was an RX-7. MG have the driving history. Look at the MG A V8 for example. Bet you never seen one of those.<!-- Signature -->

4. I own a 96 MX-5, and it has a decent amount of "get-up-and-go" when your moving, though I'm not wild about how high the clutch ctahces on it, so a turbo in a car that small has to haul ass. But to be honest, I bout my MX-5 cuz it was the closest I could come to a RELIABLE MGB, so I'd love a MGTF... just that whole thing with importing it is a pain in the ass... did you know that the TF dosen't meet US saftey standards, and if you wanted to own one, you'd need to have it crash tested? CRASH TESTED! You'd have to pay for the car twice over...

5. I own a 96 MX-5, and it has a decent amount of "get-up-and-go" when your moving, though I'm not wild about how high the clutch cathces (from a stop) on it, so a turbo in a car that small has to haul ass. But to be honest, I bought my MX-5 cuz it was the closest I could come to a RELIABLE MGB, so I'd love a MGTF... just that whole thing with importing it is a pain in the ass... did you know that the TF dosen't meet US saftey standards, and if you wanted to own one, you'd need to have it crash tested? CRASH TESTED! You'd have to pay for the car twice over...

6. I own a 96 MX-5, and it has a decent amount of "get-up-and-go" when your moving, though I'm not wild about how high the clutch cathces (from a stop) on it, so a turbo in a car that small has to haul ass. But to be honest, I bought my MX-5 cuz it was the closest I could come to a RELIABLE MGB, so I'd love a MGTF... just that whole thing with importing it is a pain in the ass... did you know that the TF dosen't meet US saftey standards, and if you wanted to own one, you'd need to have it crash tested? CRASH TESTED! You'd have to pay for the car twice over...

7. I own a 96 MX-5, and it has a decent amount of "get-up-and-go" when your moving, though I'm not wild about how high the clutch cathces (from a stop) on it, so a turbo in a car that small has to haul ass. But to be honest, I bought my MX-5 cuz it was the closest I could come to a RELIABLE MGB, so I'd love a MGTF... just that whole thing with importing it is a pain in the ass... did you know that the TF dosen't meet US saftey standards, and if you wanted to own one, you'd need to have it crash tested? CRASH TESTED! You'd have to pay for the car twice over...

8. I own a 96 MX-5, and it has a decent amount of "get-up-and-go" when your moving, though I'm not wild about how high the clutch cathces (from a stop) on it, so a turbo in a car that small has to haul ass. But to be honest, I bought my MX-5 cuz it was the closest I could come to a RELIABLE MGB, so I'd love a MGTF... just that whole thing with importing it is a pain in the ass... did you know that the TF dosen't meet US saftey standards, and if you wanted to own one, you'd need to have it crash tested? CRASH TESTED! You'd have to pay for the car twice over...