WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

Discussion in '2000 Honda S2000' started by yungcarfreak, May 26, 2003.

1. Dam this souped up wuld kill

2. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

I dont think you would be able to tune it even more, because of its small engine already pushing so much power

3. #3 Honda rulez, May 27, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

actually, u can, by changine th intake and exhaust systems, and modify the rom, u could get over 300hp with this car. The reason why u can get so much mroe power is becuz Honda was trying to meet teh emission requirements of california.

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_911/article.html

4. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

There's other ways to, I think you can gain some power by fitting another intercooler.

I hate the emission requirement of California, they're so low

5. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

Yea, u can also do teh same thing to teh RX8,too.

6. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

There's always many ways to gain power

7. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

Ummm,... not trying to be rude Skyline Freak but this car is naturally aspirated (no turbos) so there isnt a need for an intercooler. And an exhaust on this car would be done to lose weight not for the hp gains(my brother bought a spugen titanium exhaust for about 1500 and he got 3 horsepower, but he lost about 30 pounds). I would say you could get close to 300hp if you did the intake, exhaust, ecu reflashed, and a header.

8. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

More then 300hp, I've seen 340hp the most up till now

9. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

In Calgary there are lots of guys with those mods and a vortech supercharger and they only have 300+ WHP, which makes for a very fast honda, but I am saying that with just those mods you wont get that much horsepower.

10. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

Yea, i agree, with just over 300hp, a car can get really fast.

11. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

Espcially a small car

12. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

When we had ours in Seattle, we drove from Seattle to Sacramento with many short runs of 125 to 135 mph, maybe not the the claimed 155 mph top speed but plenty fast enough to realize this car was very stable and wanted more. It could have come close to or hit the max. but there's always a cop somewhere so....

13. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

I always thought it could go more then claimed

14. #14 VTECboy13, Jul 17, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

ya it can go 150 and the new s2200 and the s2000 2.2 liter will go about 165 now with more hp of 240 about the same as the nsx the 2200 will be more nible and faster due to the wight of it will be light and the civic type R is comring out this spring of 2004 so dont miss your chance and go buy one. go to www.vtec.net for good info.

hondas rule

15. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

mi bad big mistke on info there is going to be a replasement for the s2000 it will have a 2.2 liter i-4 i-vtec ans it will go faster and more nible theres also talk of a coupe s2200 thats will also be a 2.2 liter.

so there you the right info now i hope

16. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

That Civic Type R is pretty ugly

17. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

Please show me where(and I'm assuming where talking NA here) an S2000 has added 100 hp by intake, computer, and exhaust modifications, on an engine that already makes over 120 hp/liter? There's a reason it revs to 9,000 rpm stock, well beyond what almost any other engine, let alone 4 cylinders, can muster, and its because it has virtually no lost power through backpressure in the exhaust or intake restriction. The engineers at Honda milked this baby dry, and even at that, its more than impressive. Bottom line, to the best of my knowledge, no NA S2000 is going to add power like that without 13:1 pistons, straight-header, open exhaust, and an ecu programed for race fuel. Even at that, its a stretch.

18. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

Can you give me an exact link to this so called S2200? I can't find it on the link you gave us.

19. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

Wow - finally an educated person! I'm not saying the rest of you aren't, but a NA 120hp/L is unheard of in a conventional piston-cyl internal combustion engine. The Mazda rotary engine can do it, but that is not a conventional engine. Now, try to bump that to 150hp/L. Honda already has to (basically) blueprint every engine they make for the s2000, so what will blueprinting it for yourself do? Virtually nothing. Better ECU, remove cat, racing exh. manifold, straight pipe exhaust, intake, lighter flywheel (more efficient at transferring power), bore, stroke, etc, etc can be done to bump the hp up to 300, but that would take an incredible amount of money. Personally, I'd just throw on a supercharger - oh, wait - I just forgot. I think the s2000 is perfect the way it is, and would be wasted with a supercharger. Oh well - I guess I've got to get used to those slow 14.1 sec 1/4-mile runs.

20. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

I dont even know to show you any link, it's fully possible to make that much power with the S2000, it just depends on how much money your willing to put into to it

21. Re:
    WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

To be is not to not to be, and To not be is to be

22. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

I like the RX-8, but what's up with it's doors? How do they work?

23. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

I think they're kinda like suicide doors.

Nice avatar, by the way.

24. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

Who cares if it can go 150 mph. It should be able to go faster.

Karma is gay.

25. Re: WOW i didnt know it could go 150mph!

Y?

when you drive on the type of roads the S2000 was designed for, you'll likely NEVER be able to even reach 150mph.