wow it is nice

Discussion in '2001 Buick Bengal Concept' started by HPmasterauto, Aug 9, 2002.

1. look at this thing. hidden third door and all that jazz. it is about time buick made a sportscar.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: wow it is nice

yeah
    this car looks like what Buick needs these days to boost sales...
    just one question, how are they going to put this car sitting next to the rest of the line, I mean, Buicks nowadays are far from being sport, not even sporty...
    so this car is going to be a real one -off for them<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: wow it is nice

welllike they siad it is only a concept. think though lexus and its sc430 is the same deal<!-- Signature -->

4. Re: wow it is nice

Buicks have never been sporty but with looks like an F-Type there going the correct way about changing their immage.

5. Re: wow it is nice

in fact GM announced at the New York auto show it will produce the Bengal, initially, the concept was built using the Delta, FWD plattform, and it was carrying this V6 Turbocharged engine making 250hp

the production version though will be based on the RWD sigma plattform and it will get a Northstar V8 making at least 300 hp or something, it will debut sometime during 2003 as a 2004 model.

<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: wow it is nice

I can't wait to see this baby in showrooms! Too bad it'll probably cost a fortune :-(<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: wow it is nice

what are u talking about? its ugly as all hell. lile squinty headlights, mickey mouse ears for side view mirrors. front end looks like a steriotyped chinese man.

8. Re: wow it is nice

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BYBYCOPS</i>
    <b>I can't wait to see this baby in showrooms! Too bad it'll probably cost a fortune :-(</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

yeah its a nice car though it will probably change a lot when it hits the showroom.

I don't know for sure but maybe Buick will try to sell it for something in the mid 30k mark, which isnt really that expensive.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: wow it is nice

Thats a bummer that Buick is going to tone it down.

P.S. I think it'll sell for around $50-$60K.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: wow it is nice

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BYBYCOPS</i>
    <b>Thats a bummer that Buick is going to tone it down.

P.S. I think it'll sell for around $50-$60K.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

nope it must be cheaper, because it can't compete with Cadillac's upcoming XLR which will be priced in the mid to upper $50K

this one will be smaller because it packs a smaller engine, its based on a simpler, smaller plattform and doesn't have a hard top.
    <!-- Signature -->

11. Re: wow it is nice

how come there's no manual transmission?

12. Re: wow it is nice

this thing is stupid

13. Re: wow it is nice

Thank god...

I suddenly like this car again if they are going to use a RWD Sigma platform (which, IIRC, will be the platform for the New Cadillac CTS [the replacement for the catera])<!-- Signature -->

14. Re: wow it is nice

COool, stupid buick prob. wont even produce it. They just make stupid looking sedans that no one buys. If they don start producing sprts cars the are gonna end up like oldsmobile.<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: wow it is nice

buick should make this they would profit handsomely<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: wow it is nice

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ivanhoe</i>
    <b>in fact GM announced at the New York auto show it will produce the Bengal, initially, the concept was built using the Delta, FWD plattform, and it was carrying this V6 Turbocharged engine making 250hp

the production version though will be based on the RWD sigma plattform and it will get a Northstar V8 making at least 300 hp or something, it will debut sometime during 2003 as a 2004 model.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

they will not produce it...<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: wow it is nice

Bengal or Solstice Roadster? I'd go with the Solstice. Hope they make them both though.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: wow it is nice

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Primer</i>
    <b>Bengal or Solstice Roadster? I'd go with the Solstice. Hope they make them both though.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

- yeah
    the latest buzz is the Bengal has been dropped from Buick's future product lineup
    instead, they will be focusing on the current sedan lineup and more SUV and cross overs like the upcoming Rainier.<!-- Signature -->