wow

Discussion in '1987 Merkur XR4Ti' started by XR4Ti, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: i raelly hate when they do this but yeah the stats are wrong

The top speed stat is wrong, too. when mine was stock last year, I had mine (with the 3 speed auto) over 130 mph

2. Re: Testing

This thing sucks!

3. i raelly hate when they do this but yeah the stats are wrong!

0-60 7 seconds flat
    1/4 time of 15.5 seconds
    tested by car and driver
    it was also in the top 10 best in 1985

4. Re: i raelly hate when they do this but yeah the stats are wrong

Isn't the HP stat wrong as well. From what I read the HP was I think 185.

I have loved this car from the first day I ever found out about it. Put a Cosworth kit on it and drift through all corners.

Drifting makes the world go round.<!-- Signature -->

5. Re: i raelly hate when they do this but yeah the stats are wrong

By the way, I'm from Vancouver. And I've been looking for one of the Xr's for the past year. If my luck would be better in Edmonton, let me know.

Looking through the side window through a turn isn't always bad!!!

I'M OUT!!!<!-- Signature -->

6. damn

This will only be good if tunned.<!-- Signature -->

7. Re: damn

these cars are damned fine when they're tuned. I've seen a few with over 500 hp. The picture for this forum doesn't do them justice, plus it's from the wrong year. this is an 88 or 89 xr4ti; the 87's and earlier had biplane spoilers that look awesome.

8. Testing

Doing a personal test.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: Testing

Doing another one.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: Testing

dont even say that, i should slap you upside the head, obviously this is nothing compared to a porsche, but me and my neighbour both have 944's and he has a merkur, and soon enough i will to, we've raced before and the merkur has won, but the 944 would kill it in a circuit race, its got the handling and about 20mph over it.

11. Re: Testing

Ohhhh,I'm so scared of a moron like you.Durghhhhhh im shefx im stupid <!-- Signature -->

12. Re: Testing

of course this is no porsche it never claimed to be. but to say that this car sucks is going too far this is realy well built car<!-- Signature -->

13. xr4ti

Yeah, new member. Doubt anyone even looks at this car anymore. I own one, an '89, and thought I'd get a few things straight about them:
    1)The car is just a Ford Sierra XR4i except for a different engine. It has a 2.3L with a Garett T3 turbo.
    2)The car was built in Germany, the engine in Brazil.
    3)Unless modified, it will in NO WAY beat a 5.0L, my dad has one and could smoke me all day.
    4)I hear it's really easy to get 500-600hp out of these motors, so watch out when you end up next to one at a stoplight, unless you're one of the million people on this site who own a McLaren F-1 or a 911 Turbo or a 360 Modena.
    Anyway, good hunting!

14. Re: xr4ti

Here. checked the letters, great! XR4Ti's rule! bad picture though.

15. Re: xr4ti

I couldn't load the last attempted post. Anyhow, Merkurs are neat litle sleeper cars. My friend needs to get a paint job though, he's just a lazy slacker that thinks it will happen by itself. Oh, yeah, when it's running smooth it seems to have some get up, so all you lame Civics and Accords may want to watch out.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: xr4ti

i used to own one of these, it was awesome, though it cost the price of the car to have the tranny built up,seeing as though it is the real crappy hummer t-5 with reverse in the wrong place. i only paid 1k for the car. i have to say that it wasnt that great top end but with the rebuilt turbo and running 20psi it would run deep into the 15's, i actually ran it at the track, me and some friends went to see a friend run his sentra and he kept saying that he could beat my xr4ti, well.... he couldnt, and the only thing i had was the rebuilt turbo and boost controler. i did beat a couple of 5.0's stoplight2stoplight but they were all stock which runs 15.2, but they would have toasted me on the highway or at the end of the 1/4, well, if you have the chance to buy one do it but then sell it later, great cars, but not a keeper.

17. not slow

18. damn

This will only be good if tunned.<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: damn

these cars are damned fine when they're tuned. I've seen a few with over 500 hp. The picture for this forum doesn't do them justice, plus it's from the wrong year. this is an 88 or 89 xr4ti; the 87's and earlier had biplane spoilers that look awesome.

20. Testing

Doing a personal test.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: Testing

Doing another one.<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: Testing

This thing sucks!

23. Re: Testing

dont even say that, i should slap you upside the head, obviously this is nothing compared to a porsche, but me and my neighbour both have 944's and he has a merkur, and soon enough i will to, we've raced before and the merkur has won, but the 944 would kill it in a circuit race, its got the handling and about 20mph over it.

24. Re: Testing

Ohhhh,I'm so scared of a moron like you.Durghhhhhh im shefx im stupid <!-- Signature -->

25. Re: Testing

of course this is no porsche it never claimed to be. but to say that this car sucks is going too far this is realy well built car<!-- Signature -->